Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FB3 brightness?

FB3 live quick *WILL DO* full power beams WITHOUT making 400 points.

there was an update in the software for this.

in the edit window, just make your point for a beam. *BUT* as youre making the point, hold the CTRL key. the mark where your point is will turn to an "X" i think.

this will give you a full power beam.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

How about in ProLive?
    when making beams, ive allready adjusted the attenuation map , power level to 100% on "targeted beams zone"
    but when im trying to set up the beams in the "targeted beams zone"
    i am still only getting half power beams

maybe Pangolin = Microsoft,

bill benner quote "Our software does certain things "behind your back", and you will just have to trust that we know what we are doing, and the things that we do are for your own good"

This is B.S. , as far as im concerned, now i have my software telling me what i can or can not do , as far as power levels??
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

Carlos, you have to remember the FB3 isn't full professional software. Its aimed at amateurs, albeit it does amazing professional things. Its the LD2000 / QM / QM Net range that's aimed at professionals and that explains the difference in caution.

Also, I believe Marc has offered the solution.
    Last edited by White-Light; 09-11-2009 at 00:19.

Quote Originally Posted by infredible View Post
    I think this sums it all.
    Not exactly... Don't take my comments out of context. Our software will do certain things to exercize the scanners (to prevent bearing wear -- which is why scanners driven by Pangolin software last longer) and also to help aid with safety.

Quote Originally Posted by infredible View Post
    I have to live with the fact that I can't exploit the full potential of my laser
    Again, not exactly. There are ways of turning off the "behind your back" stuff. We just don't advertise it, because we believe our ways are the best ways. (Remember, commendation from US President, Career Achievement Award, 21 first place international awards, numerous patents, etc. etc. and so on. All of this means something... But if you think you're smarter than us, then sure you can turn it off . And if it turns out you are really smarter than us, we'll offer you a job!!)

In any event, I am not convinced that this power-related phenomenon you are describing has anything to do with the "behind your back" stuff in the first place. It could be that you are looking one place, but the problem lies in a completely different place.

If you have an oscilloscope, then we can take this step by step to isolate the problem. Especially if you are comparing the output of our software to the output of another, the result should be AT LEAST as good -- not worst.

So this warrants close examination, but technical examination, not rhetoric.

Please let us know if you have an oscilloscope, as this would be the perfect place to start. If not, there are other ways, but they will be more difficult and more subjective.

Also, if you are talking about a "laser show" that you play on both MAMBA and FB3, please send us the laser show (by email or FTP) so that we can examine it ourselves and see if there is anything about the show content that isn't quite right.

Best regards,

William Benner

FYI: I just tested this on an LD2000 system. I see that there is a problem here. Something is not quite working as I would expect... I suppose this is also affecting FB3 users.

We are looking into this now and will report back once we have more information.

Best regards,

William Benner

I love the way these things are discovered and resolved here!

This would also bear out my findings when I was comparing my old Alphalite against my new FB3 last year - I just accepted that it was the way it was, and probably due to the laser not coping with the modulation that FB3 was throwing at it compared to Alphalite box. Looks like that may not have been it.

I love the way these things are discovered and resolved here!
    For sure. I would never have heard about this anywhere else..

As I plan on purchasing an FB3 in the next couple months, I'll be watching this closely. I don't intend to buy until I know I'll be getting the full Pangolin experience. Thanks go to the OP for noticing this..

Actually sending direct email to Pangolin is a far better way to resolve things.

I have actually never looked in this "help" section. I wouldn't have discovered this thread if not for an email from a colleague...

In fact, the discovery that I made just today has absolutely nothing to do with this thread per se. Another client contacted me two days ago, coincidentally about the same thing. Through the private emails, we have been able to conduct a lot more quality investigation, and a lot quicker (things like, try this, try that, report your findings, send screen shots, etc.).

So if someone needs "help" about a Pangolin product, I think private email is far better and will give faster results than any other method.

Bill

Sorry, I should've really said 'aired here' as there doesn't seem to be set of release notes with each version or build. It would help users know what's been fixed. I experienced good turnaround when ireported a bug direct.
    Regarding this issue, does the fact you know what the problem is mean the fix is going to be quick? I'm off to do a festival on Wednesday and it'd be nice to get a new build if it is available. Beta test perhaps?