Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: LaserBen issues

The way it's been, I'm not going to give him the benefit of the doubt.....

I have never once in all my history of ordering stuff, priority has always taken two days from CA to NY.

Sorry, I'm just done with him. Too bad it worked out like this.........

Quote Originally Posted by ElektroFreak View Post
    Don't you guys ever get tracking numbers? I don't send shit without one, regardless of the item's value. If Ben had sent something and given you a tracking number then you'd have a pretty good idea where it is right now.
    exactly, what i have seen on this message board is most everyone wants to save a buck and not put delivery confirmation on their packages. what they dont realize is they actually can ship the same exact package cheaper and with free delivery confirmation if they print their label online. I sell a lot of small items on ebay. Around $15 with free shipping and I even put delivery confirmation on small items. There is no excuse not to have a tracking number on an item shipped with any value

Quote Originally Posted by Dj_Nexus View Post
    The way it's been, I'm not going to give him the benefit of the doubt.....

I have never once in all my history of ordering stuff, priority has always taken two days from CA to NY.

Sorry, I'm just done with him. Too bad it worked out like this.........
    I didn't say to give anyone the benefit of the doubt. I asked if you got tracking numbers. I can't understand why anyone would send anything of any sort of value without one, and I can't understand why you wouldn't have insisted on it. No offense to you in any way, I understand this has been difficult, but I just can't figure out why you're in the dark, here.. If Ben has been flaky so far, that's all the more reason to INSIST on a tracking number.

Well, if the click n ship actually went out on the 29th, then this would be the first time ever having a priority package take more than 3 days. I guess shit does happen.....

Package includes my dichros, and hardware to mount. He threw in a beat up soldering iron and some solder lol. Some wires I have no clue to what they are for. An enormous bag of nuts, bolts, screws, and stuff I don't even know what it is.....sigh. Also a ILDA male piece with 7 wires to a screw strip labeled R, X, and Y.

I didn't send any of this, so I don't know what it is. He's only on his phone, so maybe he will reply here for help. I can take pictures. I can finally start building it.....even though I shouldn't have to.......

The build begins now Very excited.

Sorry Ben it turned out this way, you've always been extremely helpful in the past and I am extremely grateful for what you've done for me before. But that aside, this has been the worst experience ever.

I know from the start that there was extra hardware.....but most of the hardware can't even be used, or there is too little of what can be used. The plate that was drilled is wrong.

I'm still waiting for my refund.....

Here's the summary....

I wanted to have my laser rebuilt professionally because I did a poor job. I sent it out, red laser broke on the way there, bought a new one. Waited for wayyyy to long to have it come back with more pieces, wires, and a drilled plate that is useless.

Out of curiosity, how much did LaserBen charge to rebuild your laser?
    How much do people usually charge for such a service?

$200 including hardware, case, THE BUILD, and shipping.

Sounds fair to me I have no complaints about the pricing for the service, if were actually done.

$200 your jokeing, right?

Shipping alone is half that... I think something's wrong here...

--DDL
    I suffer from the Dunning–Kruger effect... daily.

DDL, yeah it seems far fetched for a re-build, however, it seems DJ Nexus was paying for the shipping to and from. Sounds like a student looking to make a quick buck from a hobby he is already interested in.