Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: LaserBen issues

Default LaserBen issues

Ok, let me first say that I've dealt with him before. He got me killer deals on my laser setup a while back. He helped me, pretty much built my RGB for me over the net. He helped me immensely. He's been a extremely generous person and helpful until now. I am very grateful for what he's done for me.

With that said. My under par build of my RGB led me to wanting it rebuilt by someone who actually knows what they're doing. So, I contacted him once again for help. He accepted to rebuild my laser for a fee. So, I paid him and sent all the gear. My red DPPS was destroyed in shipping unfortunately, so I had to buy a new one. Mark from CT lasers hooked me up with an amazing upgrade (THANK YOU!!!!) and shipped the new laser to Ben.

I sent my parts to him about a month ago. http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ead.php?t=8391 That is my laser he was talking about. So you know I really did send him my stuff.

He built a case for me and put everything in. Said he was going to ship it about two weeks ago. After expecting it for a few days. I contacted him and he said "He didn't ship it because it wasn't projecting" and he had to fix that. So, I let that go because I want it to work. That was the last time he's responded to me. I haven't heard from him in a week, YET he posts here everyday. He ALSO BLOCKED me on AIM. I saw that because I have another screen name. I don't know about that, but that's VERY unprofessional.

I am a paying customer with expensive equipment on the line. I've missed multiple shows because of this. I am extremely aggravated to say the least. I sent him everything because I know he's reputable and I've had previous experience with him.

I just wanted to let you guys know, or maybe he'll actually reply to this instead of ignoring me.

I JUST WANT YOU TO FILL ME IN! DON'T LEAVE ME IN THE DARK!

Quote Originally Posted by Dj_Nexus View Post
    My red DPPS was destroyed in shipping unfortunately
    Are you sure about that?

Well.....I guess I don't know for sure.......

Way to add to the misery..... :-\

hey djnexus-

i think ben will (hopefully) get in contact with you very shortly. sorry there seems to be some issues again.

If you need any help with a build or advice on the build, feel free to contact me.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

He quickly talked to me after I posted

It's incomplete, so I'm getting a refund. Says he'll ship it tomorrow. I left him some cash for the shipping and case. That way he's not losing any money on this.

I need to wire everything I guess. That was my biggest downfall, I did a hack job by wrapping the wires together

I need to bolt the optical table to the case, doesn't sound too hard. Also it needs a hole for the FB3. I think I can do without that. I'll improvise. I don't have access to metal cutting tools

I'll let you know when I receive it and I'll post pictures when I get it done!

Dream_Beamz - He's sending the broken laser back as well

------------------------PARTIALLY RESOLVED-------------------

Thank you Marc for your kindness and generosity as well. I can't wait to see the difference between the 200mw 671nm and 300mw 640nm

Wow...if you are close to me...say a few hundred miles...I travel a lot for my work at times...I would have offered a day of free help WITH you and your gear. I could have made up a case to your size needs if you were not in a big hurry. Would have liked to help out. The broken laser can be repaired!!!! If they did'nt run over it with a truck and smash it to bits......
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Dream_Beamz - He's sending the broken laser back as well
    I am willing to go with the diode has been harvested out of your unit and replaced with a known bad one. With what you posted about him blocking you on AIM, I would expect nothing short of this.

Wow, that's very kind of you. A few HUNDRED miles! I was thinking of getting it repaired. Figured it was quicker to just buy a new laser. But, now I'll have a 200mw 671nm just sitting around.

Well, I guess I could only hope that wouldn't be the case. Laser harvesting. Tragic

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Wow, that's very kind of you. A few HUNDRED miles! I was thinking of getting it repaired. Figured it was quicker to just buy a new laser. But, now I'll have a 200mw 671nm just sitting around.

Well, I guess I could only hope that wouldn't be the case. Laser harvesting. Tragic

whats AIM?

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    whats AIM?

Steve
    AOL Instant Messenger

--DDL
    I suffer from the Dunning–Kruger effect... daily.