Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: 6x 405nm diode testing

Quote Originally Posted by shrad View Post
    a friend on laserfreak has built a magnificent dual, smaller than a packet of cigarettes

you can see it in this thread, with a 50mW laserworld green for size comparison: http://www.laserfreak.net/forum/view...2355&start=675

he also made his own scanners and scanner amps, 20Kpps, and he is designing really small scanners now which should surpass the first ones

btw, that's for an example of what is done on laserfreak, I'm not trying to say it is superior

I plan on buying a dual kit from you Pat, but would you happen to have some mounts suitable for the o-like diode mounts? I'd also be interested in mounting two flexmods, as the diodes are opnext 150mW 642nm ones and I don't want a chain reaction ^^
    I would like to see a o-like diode mount, but my guess is that the "clamp method" will suffice. I can build you anything you would like (budget considerations must apply)
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    that appears to be about 2.5" x 1.5" and a 10mm cube . i am assuming.

have you found "your adjustable mirror mounts" pointing accuracy and stability acceptable? Size is a mute point if it dosnt stay in alignment.

I noticed also that SBK after adjusting the device, glued all of the points. Not being negative here but it sort of defeats the purpose of making it adjustable. Did he discover a drifting problem in "his adjustable mounts" and solve it by gluing the parts? (honest question)

I await Daves completion which seems to be a great combination of all worlds (with exception of the epoxy IMHO) "his brass mounts" offer many advantages (MTBF of brass & flexibility) over the alluminum "flex mounts".

Instead of taking it so personally of "you" dont like "ours" or "we" dont like "yours". My origional post criticized the method not the builder.

The fact is that the "epoxy method" removes one "degree of freedom" (engineering term) for device optimazation. The "clamp method" retreives it. The "set screw method" solves rotational ability but sacrafices thermal and Isolational capabilities.

At this point, the horse have been severly beaten to death and very dead.
    yes 10mm cube and mirror from the red sled.

thats a test setup at the moment, and ive only done a small amount of testing. having said that ive not come across a problem yet with heat, but once i get it in a full projector and running for longer i may encounter a problem.

the baseplate gets a little warm but not hot, im running the diodes at 250mw, not 300mw. when running them at 300mw you need a tec as they generate alot of heat.

those mounts i made ive also used on a dual 405 setup and the 405 diodes do not generate a single bit of heat. so wont be any problems there at all, but as we know the reds do kick out some heat.

i dont know why he glued them?
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

I think the concern about isolation could potentially be negated by using one of the "high-side" drivers (see post 5 for preliminary schematic) currently under development here.. Once one of them has been finalized it should make the isolation thing moot if I understand them correctly.

umm i would still like to insulate diodes, static from fingers could still pop a diodes. when insulated in a block like mine or the clamp way you can touch as much as you want without damaging them.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

I was more concerned about mechanical stability and pointing accuracy far field no so much thermally induced anomalies which could also introduce mechanical stability and pointing accuracy far field. (TEC's also introduce thermally induced anomalies of adjustable mechanical devices )

If you have noticed no problems stick with your mount design. I use the MM-1 style because they are proven and have the mass and stability performance while only sacrificing a small bit of additional size. Agree 1" square is bigger than 10mm. But technically your mount is 20 mm x 10 mm which is about half the size of the mm-1. Performance is the key, its not the size...it is how you use it. (or in this case...how it works)
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

umm i would still like to insulate diodes, static from fingers could still pop a diodes. when insulated in a block like mine or the clamp way you can touch as much as you want without damaging them.
    You've always got the lasorb for that, although whatever brings you the most peace of mind is what is best for you.

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    lasorb all but eliminates this issue.
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

well ill find out shortly i hope when i finally get my tiny rgv up and running.

and your bang on its the not size, its how well it works.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

very true lasorb
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat