Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Test my FB3 or send me yours

Lightbulb

I received the FB3 today, just now really. It may take a day or two to hook it up and test.

Awesome! I will be waiting with much anticipation! Thanks for doing this for me.

Lightbulb

From an initial test perspecitve I cannot see an issue with the FB3. I can open the full output beam frame I have created in LD2000 and it is close to the same power. I can only measure the green with the meter I have. It is set to 633, 532, and 473; my lasers are 640, 532, and 445. I am getting 280mW after the scanners when I use the "test" switch on the projector and 250 when using the FB3. It is a bit lower, but I think the test switch put exactly 5volts on the blanking leads; I am not 100% sure the FB3 is going to give it straight 5volts.

I can't seem to get any of the shows to run on LA Studio yet but I am also working.

Smile

Hey Aaron;

How about a side-by-side test with the FB3 and your QM-2000 on some typical frames?

Better yet, see if DZ can swing down your way to play for an afternoon. He's got a 'scope, you now...

Adam

Dang. This isn't sounding good for me. I am bummed. I just don't understand why my red and green lasers aren't preforming up to spec. Pretty disappointed with this. Pretty disappointing indeed. I don't know what else to test. Looks like I will be saving up my money to replace the crappy red and green lasers in my projector.

Lightbulb

Well, there is a difference between the FB3 and using the test function of the projector. Let me test the difference between the same frame n the QM. I am also taking next week off and Mo stated he can bring a scope by if David doesn't want to swing by.

I am actully trying to find music for the LA Studio shows. So far In the Dawn is my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Well, there is a difference between the FB3 and using the test function of the projector. Let me test the difference between the same frame n the QM. I am also taking next week off and Mo stated he can bring a scope by if David doesn't want to swing by.
    allthat, did you receive just the FB3, or did you get the FB3 and one of the lasers. I'd be inerested in seeing what the output impedance of the FB3 and the input impedance of the laser or lasers in question. If you weren't about 2.5 hours away I'd be glad to stop by. It's kinda pointless unless you have one of the lasers though, in my opinion.
    Last edited by DZ; 10-19-2009 at 17:58.

I only have the FB3.

I'd like to try and save one of my shows in .ild and then save it as a .lsh on the FB3 to see if there is a visible difference in the show powers.

I just now measured the green with a white abstract at zero size which makes a full power beam; this frame was created in LD2000 and saved as an .ild. I manually tunred my red and blue off so it is green only, and it measures 236mW. It measures 277mW with the test feature on and 272mW on the QM2000.

I just now measured the green with a white abstract at zero size which makes a full power beam; this frame was created in LD2000 and saved as an .ild. I manually tunred my red and blue off so it is green only, and it measures 236mW. It measures 277mW with the test feature on and 272mW on the QM2000.
    That may not mean much, you really need a scope to see what's going on. On the QM2K in the abstract generator it's suppose to be full on, the FB3 maybe different which would be easy to see on a scope. If the FB3 has high output impedance and the lasers he's using has low input impedance, then that could be the cause of the problem, a simple buffer circuit would fix that.

I am sure we can try that with Mo's scope. I'd like to see how that projector performs on a QM now.

Luke, how were you setting it up to test a single color beam on the FB3?