Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Test my FB3 or send me yours

Set color. Then drew a crap load of points in the same spot. Also I ran every animation in the fb3 library while metering the lasers.

Default fb3

hi
    you wont get very good power readings running animations and checking the power of the lasers, power loss will show up because of blanking
    i used to play the lightning animation and pause it on the brightest part then take a reading.
    the only true way you will get a proper power reading is to put 5volts on the color lines and you cant fault the results then.

Well I did use 5V worth of batteries along the blanking line and tested the lasers that way with pretty much the same results.

Default warranty

if you have a warranty, send projector back for repair

Quote Originally Posted by yobresal View Post
    Well I did use 5V worth of batteries along the blanking line and tested the lasers that way with pretty much the same results.
    Well, that indicates it's not the output impedance issue that we were thinking it might be. I agree with above, warranty service.

it measures 236mW. It measures 277mW with the test feature on and 272mW on the QM2000
    This is significant for me, and ties in with other threads about FB3 brightness (not just on static beams).

Why should the FB3 project a frame at less power than the QM does? It suggests that it is either doing something fancy that the QM doesn't for safety reasons or whatever, or that it is working less than optimally.

Quote Originally Posted by badger1666 View Post
    if you have a warranty, send projector back for repair
    Well I bought the laser modules used from the B/S/T section of the forum and had the projector assembled by Daedal. Both the seller of the lasers and Daedal have tested the lasers to be working up to spec so I really have to believe there is another problem besides the lasers. I cannot see anyway there could have been any damage to the lasers in shippment that would have caused a 2/3 drop in power.
    Last edited by yobresal; 10-20-2009 at 12:10.

Cool

Hey Luke;

Who did you buy the lasers from, if you don't mind me asking. I was under the impression that they were LaserWave models. If that's the case, then even though they were used they should still have a 2 year warranty.

Adam