Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: FLEM 8 on December 5th, 2009 in Tavares FL!

Smile

Hi Chris;

Good point about wanting to crank it. And really, if it's just 5 or 6 of us playing, even if we take turns we'll still have PLENTY of time to play. Maybe alternating between two systems is the way to go though... Saves time while one group is setting up a set list.

As for the Universal thing - screw the "magic"... All I want to do is ride the roller coasters! The Hulk is awesome, and even the dueling dragons tracks are pretty cool. Guess I should have pointed out that the Island of Adventure is more my thing than the Studio side... (I never bought into the "Disney Magic" hype.) Even so though, if you're not into the rides, that's cool. But I know we have a couple coaster enthusiast's here..

The Blue Man Group's show has changed a bit since they did the "Rock Star 2.0" tour. Less announcer, more music, basically. But if you're not a huge BMG fan, then I can see why you might want to pass on the concert. (Besides, tickets were $49 and $59, last time I checked. Not exactly cheap!) As for me, I've seen them twice already, and I'll still pay to see them again.

Drinks on the City Walk is a definite must though! (Or we could get Paul to meet us at that Irish pub he favors...) Actually, I'm up for a couple nights at either the City Walk or the Irish pub... Any takers?

Adam

Well I'm really hoping to join you guys for this in December. The only problem is that my wife will be within a month of her due date. My daughter came 3 weeks early, so we could be a bit tied up that weekend!

HI Adam,

This laserock{kevin harris},are all welcome to attend.I just purchased my first set of scanners from DZ and he mentioned FLEM, I thought it might be fun to attend if welcome still.I upset one or two people trying to figure out how to use the PL format and all-accidentally sent someone elses thread to someone else or something-so I'm not sure who all is mad!!But I sure enjoyed SELEM and would like to come,sorry I do not own a PA system or a game box.Will there be 3 phase power at this event?
    Kevin

Thumbs up

I want to come!!!!!
    But thats a nice long drive.. But its worth it!!

djmatt
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt

Smile Everyone is welcome!

Hi Kevin;

Anyone is welcome to attend. We'd be happy to have you. Directions to the venue are in this thread. (And sorry for not getting back to you earlier re: your e-mail. Got tied up and totally forgot... My bad, dude.)

As for messing up someone's thread, this is the first I've heard of it. And I don't see a band of people with pitchforks looking for your house, so I think you're fine. Don't sweat it dude - everyone makes mistakes when they first start using the forums. We're not going to crucify anyone for that. (And honestly, I can't even remember the incident you're referring to... So it couldn't have been too big of a deal.)

There will not be 3 phase power, unfortunately. We will have a 220 V single phase outlet available, however. (Standard 50 amp stove outlet.) I'm hoping to get my HGM 5 and beam-rail projector completed in time to bring to this event. No promises though.

If you want to come on Friday for the Rock Band / Guitar Hero playtime, that's cool too. No need to bring a game console, as we'll have at least two of them present already. (And probably won't want or need to set up any more than that, since they'll just compete with each other for our attention.)

FLEM's are smaller events... Nothing like SELEM. More of a backyard party atmosphere I guess. No structure at all. We just set up the projectors and run laser shows all day and night. When we get hungry, we eat, but the lasers stay on... That sort of thing. (Trust me, it's fun!)

Matt:

Are you and Cat thinking about making the trip again? Because we're also kicking around the idea of spending a day at Universal Studios. (specifically, the Islands of Adventure, which has a couple cool roller coasters...) And there's also talk of taking in one of the Blue Man Group concerts that they put on every night... So chime in now if you're interested. (We'd probably do Universal on Thursday.)

Adam

FLEM sounds great, I would love to come. Just gotta find out a way to get down there that weekend. Make business trips down there with my dad every few months, maybe I can time it right and kill 2 birds with one stone. If you guys go to universal I'd totally be down. I'm a thrill freak!

Jonathan-

Smile

Check the dates and see if your Dad is up for a road trip, Johnathan. I'm thinking Wednesday and/or Thursday for the Universal trip. (Doesn't cost much more to get the 2-day option.) We can hit the parks in the AM, finish by 5 pm, grab a bite and a drink, then see Blue Man Group at 8 PM (BMG stage is at the entrance to Universal), and after the concert stick around and do the City Walk until 1 am or so. (Drinks, etc.)

Come on people, this is less than 2 months away. Start making plans. I figure we'll need to finalize the tickets for the BMG show before the first of November if we want to sit together and still have good seats.

BTW - you're looking at around $150 total to get a 1-day, 2 park ticket to Universal *and* a BMG concert ticket. (You get a discount if you buy the package.) Concert tickets by themselves are around $75, and entry to the park is around $100.

Adam

Man I would love to go to that stuff but it's about the time of my finals here so looks like I could only go Saturday if I found a way from and to the Orlando airport..... Anybody from Orlando going to this?
    Who knows I may even have my scanner by then to :P 1W of green….. Probably isn't nothing compared to what's going to be their though.

Cool

When would you be arriving? We've got a couple people in Orlando who could pick you up. Hell, if you arrive early enough, I could probably drive from Tavares to the airport and pick you up. (So long as we can be back in Tavares by 9:30 am so I can get things started before the rest of the people show up...)

Daedal and LazerJock are both close, and so is Clandestiny, thought he usually arrives later. Then too, you could just rent a car for a day. What are your plans?

Adam

F22warzone,
    When you say Orlando airport, I assume you mean the International airport where the big boys fly in. I live about 5 miles from the Orlando Executive airport. The International airport is about 20 miles away, but we can work something out. What day and time were you thinking of coming in?

Lazerjock