Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: FLEM 8 on December 5th, 2009 in Tavares FL!

Umm I think it is the international air port it is the one SWA flies to as I get free tickets : ) but anyway I was planning on flying in early Saturday and leaving hopefully early Sunday or late Saturday

You don't want to leave until Sunday morning at the earliest, because the event will run well into the evening on Saturday. Typically things wind down around 1 AM, but we've been known to hang around until 3 am. There is a holiday inn express hotel within walking distance of the venue. (See the link above in my post to Kevin... It has directions to the venue and lots of extra information about the area from one of the last FLEM events we held there.)

Adam

Cool

Well, it's been 2 weeks, and there doesn't seem to be much interest in a trip to Universal Studios *or* to the Blue Man Group... I'm going to hold out for another week or so, but if no one is really up for all that, then I think we'll just stick with the Guitar Hero thing on Friday and FLEM on Saturday. (I'll probably still meet with Clandestiny on Thursday night in O-town for drinks though.)

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Well, it's been 2 weeks, and there doesn't seem to be much interest in a trip to Universal Studios *or* to the Blue Man Group... I'm going to hold out for another week or so, but if no one is really up for all that, then I think we'll just stick with the Guitar Hero thing on Friday and FLEM on Saturday. (I'll probably still meet with Clandestiny on Thursday night in O-town for drinks though.)

Adam
    The more I think about it... even though I didn't enjoy the show the first time all that much (no lasers... ), I wouldn't mind a trip that way on Thurseday. It'll be a good way to unwind... although I can't confirm it until we get closer to the deadline...

--DDL
    I suffer from the Dunning–Kruger effect... daily.

Cool

Ok - there's one "maybe" for the Blue Man Group show. Any others?

If not, then maybe we'll just stick with the drinks idea for Thursday...

Adam

what time do we expect to start on Saturday?

Just found out the soonest I could be there on Saturday would be 11:45 AM .... This may be too late for anybody to pick me up from the airport hu.... may have to rent a car .... Good news is I should have my scanner done by then : )

Quote Originally Posted by f22warzone View Post
    Just found out the soonest I could be there on Saturday would be 11:45 AM .... This may be too late for anybody to pick me up from the airport hu.... may have to rent a car .... Good news is I should have my scanner done by then : )

Sorry man by then I plan to be at the venue.
    If you can get there earlier in the morning I would be glad to pick you up.

Lazerjock

Smile

Frank:

We usually get cranked up around 10 AM, but I'm always there early. I usually try to get to the venue around 9 AM, but if we're up until 2 AM playing guitar hero (or playing with the lasers even) the night before, then I might end up getting there around 9:30 or so!

Some people don't arrive until 11 or later (Aaron, I'm looking at YOU, you lazy slug!), but that's not a big problem, since we usually run until at least midnight, and frequently we don't get things really cranked up until mid-afternoon. (Need time for introductions, kibitzing, late setup of gear, and other stuff...)

Still, if you're coming up from Miami, you might want to leave on Friday and get a hotel room in Tavares. (That way you can come to the pre-FLEM dinner party...) Also note that after dinner we *ALWAYS* go back to the venue for some pre-FLEM laser fun. Last time that "pre-FLEM" fun didn't stop until 2:30 in the freakin' morning!

If you're interested in a hotel room, know that there is a Holiday Inn Express that is within walking distance of the venue. (Just across the dead river bridge, but it's on the other side of 441 so you'll probably want to drive your car anyway.) This thread has details on how to get there and how to contact them for reservations.

F22:

Yeah, that is rather late. The airport is a good hour from the venue by car, which would put you there around 1 PM. That's not a bad thing, as we'll still be cranking things up, but it does suck that you'd have to rent a car... No chance of an earlier flight?

Johnathan:

Any word on your Dad making a trip to Florida around that time? Would be good to see you guys again! Lean on him and see if he can work something out. No need to bring the projector (no 3 phase power anyway), but you can still come down for the laser fun!

Adam

I'm working on it. I don't think I'm going to be able to make it happen, but I'll let u know if that changes! I can always watch the live feed if I don't make it.

Jonathan