Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FLEM 8 on December 5th, 2009 in Tavares FL!

Thumbs up FLEM 8 on December 5th, 2009 in Tavares FL!

Hey everyone! I was finally able to lock in a date for the next Florida Laser Enthusiast's Meeting. Due to a combination of schedule conflicts and venue availability problems, I was not able to set up anything for October or November, but the first weekend in December was wide open. So we are confirmed for Saturday, December 5th!

There has been some talk about setting up a video screen and a projector so we could play Guitar Hero and/or Rock Band at this event... I personally like this idea, but I think we need to separate it from FLEM, since the venue isn't large enough to have both the lasers and the video projector set up at the same time. So if we want to do the Guitar Hero thing, I propose that we do it before FLEM - during the day on Friday, December 4th.

As it stands right now, Clandestiny has volunteered to allow us to use one of his 3500 lumen DLP projectors. (This is a large unit! Runs off 220) We could set it up early on Friday, December 4th, and play most of the day... Then we'd have to take it down and pack it up, because Friday afternoon / evening we'd need to start setting up the laser projectors for FLEM...

I'm thinking about getting into town on Thursday that week, so I could be at the venue early Friday to help set up the DLP projector and the sound system for Guitar Hero and Rock Band. Then we can play all day. I figure around 6 pm or so we'll take it down and move the tables around so people can drop off their laser gear. We head out for dinner Friday night around 8 PM or so, and after dinner we come back to the venue for a little pre-FLEM laser fun. Saturday we spend all day playing with lasers as usual, and I'll come back on Sunday morning to clean everything up before heading back to Charleston.

So, what do you guys think? Anyone up for some Rock Band action on Friday? And what about FLEM? Who's going to be able to make it? Reply below...

Adam

I volunteer to bring in a PS2 with 2 guitars and Guitar Hero.

I'll take that Friday off and head down there early to help you set up

--DDL
    I suffer from the Dunning–Kruger effect... daily.

clandestiny is offline Eleventy-Billion Watt Ar/Kr >:)
    somewhere between orlando and san antonio

well well well ..... well well well well well
    go big or go home

Nice , it's at the same time as UKLEM, so you guys can both have a live video feed and see eachothers shows and lasers ! cool...

I have a Wii, 2 guitars, drums, mic and all versions of both GH and RB that I(we) could bring......

Just have to see if I can get a couple days off work.

im going to try and make this meet

and i will actually have some lasers this time!

I'll be there. I also have a PS2 with several versions of GH with 2 guitars and drums. Hopefully by then I'll have the new Van Halen GH.

Mo informed the my wife this weekend that I'll be kidnapped Dec. 4th & 5th. See just rolled her eyes.

See everyone soon.

Lazerjock
    Chris

I have a pair of xbox360/usb guitars (i play frets on fire on my pc ) too

and i have a bunch of LCD/DLP projectors if we want to have more than one running at once

Thumbs up I love it when a plan comes together!

Cool! This is shaping up rather nicely.

Doug: I'll take you up on your offer of the Wii and all the titles. I have a spare Wii guitar that I'll bring as well. (Do you need me to bring Rock Band - Beatles edition, or do you have that title too?)

Frank: I like the idea of a second DLP projector. Only problem might be competing sound systems, but I think we can work with that. How bright are your units (lumens) and how many can you bring?

Chris: Excellent! I've got a bunch of GH titles for the PS2 as well, and I have at least 4 guitars. Between you, Mo, and me, I think we'll have the PS2 side covered. (We all need to be sure you bring our memory cards so everything we've unlocked is available - unless we want to use a cheat code...)

Ok - couple of questions for the group: How many projectors/game systems should we try to set up? We'll easily have room for 3 or 4 of them, but we really only have a pair of decent sound systems. (My large JBL cabinets with the dual 15's, and DZ's smaller MTX cabinets with single 12's.) So would it be better to have only two systems set up, or should we try to bring a third audio system? (I can probably cobble something together.) Whatcha think?

Second: What do people think about getting together even earlier in the week for some tourist-style fun? I'm thinking a day at Universal or something... We could even catch one of the Blue Man Group shows in the evening, and then hang out on the City Walk afterwards. Given that we may have a few people flying in to the event from up north, it might be worth it to plan a few other activities besides the lasers.... (We've got Rock Band / Guitar Hero on Friday, and Lasers on Saturday. This would be Wednesday or Thursday.)

I can probably get that whole week off from work, so timing shouldn't be an issue for me. I need to know if there is any interest in this though, because Blue Man Group tickets need to be purchased well in advance.

Adam

Adam,
    I'm thinking that mulitple sound systems will cause problems playing. Think about it, we're gonna want to crank it. That won't work out too well if there is another group trying to play on the other side of the room. If we toggle play between screens it might work, or play something else that don't rely on hearing the music (like racing). Just my opinion.

As far as the tourist thing. I used to work at the theme parks. I really don't have any desire to go back. When you work there it kinda kills the magic. I've seen the Blue Man Group show when they came through with "How to be a Rock Star 2.0". I would join you after the show at City Walk for drinks though.

Lazerjock
    Chris