Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Advertising on PL?

I think you'll find a lot of understandable support for the subscription idea.
    Count me in.

I know for a fact that I wouldn't be in this hobby if it weren't for this site and the people involved in it!!

Good job here, Admin, and I look forward to many more years of hanging out here!!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Thumbs up

I'm more than happy to to pay for a subscription, where do we pay?

Quote Originally Posted by jmilan View Post
    I'm more than happy to to pay for a subscription, where do we pay?
    There is a 'Donate' button, at the moment, in the top right hand corner of this page
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Quote Originally Posted by smogthemog View Post
    There is a 'Donate' button, at the moment, in the top right hand corner of this page
    me bad

Thanks Jim, I donated some.

It would be nice if there was an option for monthly recurring.

Thumbs up

You know my attitude... Let me know I can do to help.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Just show me where to sign up.
    "TO DO IS TO BE" - Nietzsche
    "TO BE IS TO DO" - Kant
    "DO BE DO BE DO" - Sinatra

I will happliy pay a subscription , it may well work out less than my donations ... but i guess theres no easy answers , only a mixture of revenue streams will likely suffice , with regard subs , just be careful it doesnt become a monster to administer as you will likely find monthly bounces on the payments.

Another idea maybe to run an international raffle , asking for donations / discounted equipment from various manufactuers and charging for tickets , i guess this maybe a better revenue stream than donations ..or maybe not

Whatever you do DONT GIVE UP , and thnaks to you and everyone else for making this my favourite home on the net

PAUL
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Well, its up. User Control Panel > Misc > Paid Subscriptions.

Thumbs up Signed up!

OK - that was easy!

1 request though: Can you make it possible to pay by the year instead of by the month? I think that would be more convenient, especially for non-business members.

Adam

I thought about that for a little while before dropping the sub system in place and here is the issue as I see it from the administrative side: Say some "Big-thinker" needs to get clue-by-four'd... I don't have to worry about prorating a paypal refund, just refund the entirety of the last one regardless of time frame.

It would certainly be "better" from the income side to block a year at once(one paypal fee hit) but seriously felt that the monthly recurring paypal thing would be saner coupled with the "what if" of someone that doesn't remember the renewal date and gets hit hard in the bank account...

I know I probably put too much thought into it... am I wrong in my assumption?