Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Advertising on PL?

heheh, don't know about torches but I got this strange thought that it's possible that caring members (including you) post and create the content value that draws possibly a large percentage of 'outside' bandwidth that the caring members then pay for, because they care.

so a solution might be attachment access restriction until a new username time expiry or small instant membership payment.
    But thinking of solutions doesn't help unless there is a problem, that's why I asked.

It could be that the 'caring' members just continuously run up the bill because they are really addicts and refresh every 60 seconds. :P

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    .... it's possible that caring members (including you) post and create the content value that draws possibly a large percentage of 'outside' bandwidth ....
    Roll up Roll up, See the PL Freak Show !

Crap...

Been trying to sort this out but Paypal won't let me log in

I've got it set up to send me a text message with a login code, but PP says there's an internal communications error. So, I bypassed that security and went for a manual log in and now I get internal server error

I'll try again tomorrow.

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Welcome to PainPal

Mr. Admin could you please add the donate button back, I still want to be able to donate! Another person asked about it too Dr.Lava corrected me.

http://photonlexicon.com/forums/​payments.php - DONATE

-Adam
    Last edited by sugeek; 11-03-2009 at 16:31.
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

I reckon the Donate button should remain too. If at the many LEM's, groups of people donate or make money by whatever means, how do they now 'donate' the money?

I intend on over charging at the next UKLEM at Surfleet the same way we did it at the first Surfleet get together and a percentage of the outcome will go into a on the day raffle, the rest will go to Spec - How do I pay this?
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Done it

Finally managed to get logged in to PayPal.

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

I'll be donating some money when I get home- it's only fair that I do.

TANK YOU Admin for making such a wonderful site, and thank you every member on here - it wouldn't be the same without you ( yes, even Laser_Ben ).

Cheers!

Adam

done

hope you will keep PL to the best, Admin

thank you for all your work!

Talking

Admin ->