Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: FLECOM's Projector: Perpetual Work In Progress...

Wow Frank! You must have spent a small fortune on optics!

I like the sliding rails for the dichro mounts. That should make near field alignment a snap. And are those height-adjustable tables for the lasers I see? Coooooooooool!

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Wow Frank! You must have spent a small fortune on optics!

I like the sliding rails for the dichro mounts. That should make near field alignment a snap. And are those height-adjustable tables for the lasers I see? Coooooooooool!

Adam
    no I wanted to get lab jacks to adjust beam height but they are all too tall in their minimum height, or too expensive for the low profile ones... not 100% sure how I am going to float the red and green to match the blue I hope to buy

maybe I will get lucky and a low-profile lab jack will appear on ebay for a reasonable price

the silver things are tilt platforms... one of the problems that constantly plagued me was the beams of these lasers are not always exactly parallel with the beam table

http://search.newport.com/?q=*&x2=sku&q2=TGN80

the rails and rail carriers I purchased from Newport but everything else came from ebay, at a LOT less than new for stuff that was basically almost new... so I am quite pleased

as far as optics, purchased the Edmunds (from Edmunds) dicros and a pair of Newport silver mirrors (ebay)... the optics in the mounts are whatever was in them when I got them on ebay just to get an idea of layout... three of them have a reflect blue optic, one has a reflect red optic, and one has an optic that I am not sure if its just a beam splitter or if its meant for some wavelength that my flashlight is not making lol

Frank-

LOVE the setup! Brilliant idea for the rails. This makes "time of show" tweaks a snap!! i may have to steal your idea for my next build. Im all about simplistic and ease of use.

Great job man!

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Wow! Very nice Flecom.. can't wait to see the finished product.

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    Frank-

LOVE the setup! Brilliant idea for the rails. This makes "time of show" tweaks a snap!! i may have to steal your idea for my next build. Im all about simplistic and ease of use.

Great job man!

-Marc
    they are not horribly expensive, and I am trying to make my 'time of show' tweaks as painless as possible

heres the rail system

http://www.newport.com/Mini-Optical-...3/catalog.aspx

the 12" rail (MRL-12M) was like $73 and each carrier (MCF) was $25 from Newport... was unable to find them any cheaper online

feel free to steal the idea

I wasnt 100% sure about it till I put it all together and thought to myself... "this is awesome"

also here is the planned laser layout

yay blurry

right is going to be a 1W 532nm LaserWave that I am borrowing from my MoboLazer (going to put the 500mW in the MoboLazer for now)

left of the green is going a 640nm LaserWave (currently a 550mW loaner, whenever LW fixes their 640 woes I will have a 1W for that spot)

right facing the wrong way due to its massive size is going a 2W 457nm CNI

scanners are going on the bottom left in the open area, going to have a shutter also... if I am feeling really brave I will put an actuator to deflect the beam into a fiber launcher I have for remote scanners... but thats much later

That looks Great. Like it alot.

its living up to the title... new plan... enclosure is an LT-1000 from One Stop Laser Shop

totally new optical plan

lasers

top row... 550mW 642nm laserwave, o-like 650mW (@1.2W) 445nm module with flexmod
    bottom row... 1.1W 655nm CNI, 1.1W 655nm CNI, 250mw 473nm LaserWave (doing about 300~350mW), 1W 532nm Laserwave (doing a hair over 1.5W)

the blues are going to be stacked on top of each other, 473 on top, 445 on bottom, will have a mirror reflecting up where they will meet in a PBS cube... 642 is going under the two 655's on the left of the enclosure which are combined with a PBS and meeting up with the other red in a dichro.... green is all by itself on the right

they layout will require 11 optics if my plan works out (dont have a pic but I have all of them already)

5x newport protected silver 25mm mirrors...
    1x edmunds reflect blue dichro
    1x edmunds reflect red dichro
    1x semrock combine 640/655 dichro
    1x red coated mirror
    1x red pbs
    1x blue pbs
    Last edited by flecom; 08-04-2010 at 14:49.

lasers will be mounted on 1/4" aluminum plates, elevated with all thread

should give you a better idea of whats going on

you have to imagine it in 3d... for example the dark blue 445 is coming out perpendicular to the table then turns straight up to meet up with the 473... and the two reds are also stacked

Kickass!!

Is that bad boy coming to SELEM????
    PLZ......?