Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: FLECOM's Projector: Perpetual Work In Progress...

Wink

DAMMIT MAN!!! TURN IT ON and take some pictures!!! Needs moar photons and all...

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    hehe, neither can I lol

I didn't like the placement of the galvo amps so I moved the green and blue over and moved the amp cards to the top plate where pretty much all of the electronics are going to end up

Dude -
    Your cut-away dichro mounts are exactly what I've been needing for my projector!
    Willing to share the details on the vendor & costs?

I've also got a Semrock dichro I need to use to combine my 640 with a pair of 660's.
    Looking forward to seeing your setup at SELEM to see how you managed all the optical losses!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

called up fred @ one stop laser shop... I am losing wayyyyyy too much power in the scanners...

so going to try and get some of these

Eye-Magic Infinity EMS 4000 Scanners

Set includes:
    2 EMS-4000 Infinity 30K Scanners with 99% Dielectric Mirrors
    2 EMA-1200 Servo Amplifier Cards
    2 Scanner Mounting Brackets
    2 Cables Sets (Scanner to Servo, Power, and Signal)
    Supports 6.5mm apertures
    55 Degree Scan Angle

they need to ship them from Greece so hopefully they get here in time *crosses fingers*

should rename this from Perpetual Work In Progress to "This is why I am in debt up to my eyes" lol

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    DAMMIT MAN!!! TURN IT ON and take some pictures!!! Needs moar photons and all...

first time I see that scale on this sensor

still need to tweak it to minimize losses

Glad to see you decided to keep that 250mw laserwave, everything seems to finally be coming together.

You should be able to clean the dicro with methanol, just make sure its clean and dry as always lest you end up with the dreaded white film of doom.

Also, it shouldn't be as much of an issue with the real deal dichros, but sometimes you have to have them a bit off of 45degrees for best power transfer.

Thumbs up Lookin Good

Man, this is one sweet build you have going! Thanks for taking the time to document & photograph all the steps along the way, this is a great example of doing it right.
    Thanks, Mike

Quote Originally Posted by krazer View Post
    Also, it shouldn't be as much of an issue with the real deal dichros, but sometimes you have to have them a bit off of 45degrees for best power transfer.
    its amazing how different 445 and 473 look, I personally still love 473 and hope to upgrade it eventually... especially for graphics using 473 for blue and 445 for the deep blue line, think its going to be pretty sweet

well the most power loss is happening in the semrock, which I am guessing has a lot to do with how dirty it is... the other two dichros are brand new edmunds dichros

the only thing I have left as far as adjustments is matching the beam heights as precisely as I can

Quote Originally Posted by mikkojay View Post
    Man, this is one sweet build you have going! Thanks for taking the time to document & photograph all the steps along the way, this is a great example of doing it right.
    Thanks, Mike
    i didnt take as many pictures as I was planning to... honestly once I got started on bits of it I just kept going with it... my drill press got a LOT of use the past week or so...

also had to redesign the blues at the last minute since the polarization of the lasers was not going to work with the PBS in the configuration I wanted... so I had to run out to the aluminum place again today and get those pieces you see there...

also got some tiny pieces and floated the 445 o-like module to match the beam height of the 473... it looks so cute next to the giant (in comparison) 473 lol