Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: FLECOM's Projector: Perpetual Work In Progress...

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    my drill press got a LOT of use the past week or so...
    Ah yes- the "AL curly fries" in the carpet that get spread all throughout the house and find their way into your socks somehow stage- I know that one I like the beam height platforms- very neat!
    -Mike

ya no kidding...

anyhow laser powers break down vs output

1100mW 655nm
    1100mW 655nm
    515mW 642nm
    350mW 473nm
    1200mW 445nm
    1500mW 532nm

so theoretical 5765mW output... so my actual output is 4350mW so losing 1415mW or about 25% (!) in optics... but like I said, need to clean the semrock, think I can recover a bit of power there

but wait... putting them into the DT40's I lost an ADDITIONAL 50%+ so ya... got a call from one stop laser shop today letting me know they could ship a set of their 6.5mm aperture (gigantic mirrors) scanners from Greece and get them here early next week...

so I dropped the $1360 something on them... cheaper than doubling my power or getting crazy corrective optics that I don't really have room for in my enclosure anyway

some exciting stuff going on

got the power supplies mounted...

from left to right...

Power One Linear Regulated PSU... +/-24VDC @ 2.4A (60W) for the EyeMagic scanners (they recommend +/-24VDC @ 50W and I prefer not to use a switcher for scanners)
    2x CNI drivers for the 655nm lasers
    642 laserwave driver (has built in PSU )
    Lambda 5V @ 60A switcher, this drives the 532, 445, 473 and 2x 655 modules... along with the shutter

its really tight in there!!!

and I am now up to 65lbs going to be fun hanging this thing from a truss lol
    Last edited by flecom; 08-12-2010 at 14:57.

some exciting stuff going on

got the power supplies mounted...

from left to right...

Power One Linear Regulated PSU... +/-24VDC @ 2.4A (60W) for the EyeMagic scanners (they recommend +/-24VDC @ 50W and I prefer not to use a switcher for scanners)
    2x CNI drivers for the 655nm lasers
    642 laserwave driver (has built in PSU )
    Lambda 5V @ 60A switcher, this drives the 532, 445, 473 and 2x 655 modules... along with the shutter

its really tight in there!!!

and I am now up to 65lbs going to be fun hanging this thing from a truss lol
    That is a work of Art! can;t wait to see it in person.
    leading in trailing technology

My god, that is one sweet beast. I'm going to use the track idea you have used. Seems like a great way to get the alignment dialed in.

Cheers
    Rich

Thumbs up

Yo Fle...

... scanners from Greece ... I dropped the $1360 something on them...
    ... FWIW, aside from the 99.9% mirs, you should be pretty blown-away by the EMS, compared-to 'DT's... we *totally* swear-by them... 100% Reliable and TOUGH, and while not producing as 'creamy-smooth' output as CT 6215's for-example, IME, they do a better job of 'high-detail' in graphics, especially at larger scan-angles... Will be keen to hear your 'feedback' on them...

Ps, the 'Peri' drops mañana...
    ciao
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    Yo Fle...

... FWIW, aside from the 99.9% mirs, you should be pretty blown-away by the EMS, compared-to 'DT's... we *totally* swear-by them... 100% Reliable and TOUGH, and while not producing as 'creamy-smooth' output as CT 6215's for-example, IME, they do a better job of 'high-detail' in graphics, especially at larger scan-angles... Will be keen to hear your 'feedback' on them...

Ps, the 'Peri' drops mañana...
    ciao
    j
    like I said, fred seems to think they are the greatest thing since sliced bread so I really hope so

I will try and do a buffo style review on them since there is really no reviews for non-chinese scanners on here... and while expensive, they are at least cheaper than cambridge scanners...

from ny? how did you send it? I leave thursday morning... hopefully it gets here

Nice build!
    Though it looks like a nightmare to clean all the optics.
    I would seal it off, and make sure all the intake n exhaust fans are well filtered.
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

yay got my shipping confirmation from UPS today, should have the galvos in my hands tomorrow