Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FLECOM's Projector: Perpetual Work In Progress...

Default FLECOM's Projector: Perpetual Work In Progress...

Hey guys, just posting some photos of my projector as it comes along... currently it has a 400mw 473nm LaserWave, 500mw 532nm LaserWave, and a half-dead 500mW 650nm laser (currently only one diode is putting out full output - hope to replace it with a 640nm after giving up troubleshooting the 650)

ILDA Test Pattern 30KPPS

if you see multiple lines in these pictures its from my inability to hold a camera still

some beams

picked up some more goodies, going to use the empty space on the table for a beam table and lumia wheels... have these 4 at the moment, and getting one from DZ

Nice projector man! I'd suggest you dump the linear PS in place for a much lighter switching PS. Why break your back!

Looks good, though I think that table might flex
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    Nice projector man! I'd suggest you dump the linear PS in place for a much lighter switching PS. Why break your back!
    well the +5v one is a switcher (@ 60A! ) the +/-24 I'm using for the galvos is a linear, those power one supplies have a really really clean output, my projected image had a noticeably better looking output (more stable, image doesn't shake when the A/C kicks in etc) than with the linear compared to the switcher they send with the galvos.. that could just be the sucky power we have here, but regardless, a lot of the problems I was having went away when the cheap switcher went away

anyway the supplies are probably going to be in a separate enclosure, just going to have some filter caps at the projector itself in case any noise gets induced in the power umbilical

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Ben View Post
    Looks good, though I think that table might flex
    I'm guessing your referring to the stone table? lol

that beamtable thing I got from DZ is solid as a rock, stupidly heavy, and made of pure unbendium/undrillium/untappium lol... drilling and tapping it was the biggest pain in the @$$! but totally worth it... going to try and build some sort of thin aluminum cover around it eventually with an opening etc, but thats towards the end

and you never answered my last pm
    Last edited by flecom; 10-21-2009 at 22:59.

Hey flecom, great work on the projector! Are you going to bringing this to FLEM? No chance of that table flexing, it is a rock! I used it to build this projector quite a few years ago:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cap0027.BMP  

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    Hey flecom, great work on the projector! Are you going to bringing this to FLEM? No chance of that table flexing, it is a rock! I used it to build this projector quite a few years ago:
    yes definitely going to flem with it... hopefully I will have my 640 and lumias installed by then

well, ordered a 640 from CT Lasers today... @ 900mw

i made a visio of my envisioned layout should look like... lets hope it actually works out, if there is any space left over behind the row of lumia actuators i might add another row of actuators in the other direction for a beam table

Thumbs up

nice setup you got there !
    I did also want to add a lumia on my laser, but there was no space to mount it

I love the effects of a lumia wheel
    It`s so simple and cheap, and the result is awesome every time.

Quote Originally Posted by liteglow View Post
    nice setup you got there !
    I did also want to add a lumia on my laser, but there was no space to mount it

I love the effects of a lumia wheel
    It`s so simple and cheap, and the result is awesome every time.
    thanks

i originally wanted to do a small projector since that seems to be in the "in" thing right now

but I had this awesome table so I figured I might as well use it and fill it up to the max with stuff lol