Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moncha Lite (I need help!)

Hi Dan,

I have looked in the settings window, and the only black box that I can see is the one on the top right:

I can adjust the size of the image, but the biggest it will go is about 75cm from 2 meters away.

I have also tried adjuting the size of the image in the frame, that makes the image larger too, but then it all goes off-frame (the max frame size right now is about 10-15 degrees. So I am stuck really.

I want to open up the projector, but it is still under warranty, and it might have to go back to Germany yet.

drawing size, put that to its max
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Like I say, I have tried that. The image size gets slightly larger, but the scan angle stays the same (10-15 degrees).

Is there any other software that works with the Moncha box?

No there is no other software that works with the the moncha dac.
    If there would be, it surely would not achieve bigger scan angles.

Aside from half the scanangle, chances are you're getting half the outputpower your projector is capable of.

Moncha is not your problem, the single-ended input-configuration of your laser is.

yep as stated above.

the only way is to adjust the input gain the on galvo amps. i hate to do this on a few sets of scanners its dead easy
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Great stuff

From my experience as a sound engineer, I am guessing that the gain needs to be turned up? are there likely to be any other pots on the amps? Or just the amp input pots?

If there are pots, there surely are more than one. Without a picture or exact description of your drivers I'm not sure if anybody here can help you adjusting them.

Cool
    I will wait to hear back from Laserworld and see what they have to say and if I can fix the problem myself, I will open up the projector and take some pics and get back to y'all.

Thanks again for all the advice and input!

James

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyV View Post
    What laser are you running it with dzodzo?

I checked the Laserworld website to check the specs of their 20K scanners, and they run at +/- 18V !!! So I think that this is probably the problem :'( I just spent £225 on Moncha too :'(
    i use it with laserworld pro 400 rgy but as for the scanners they claim to be 50k ... they're nowhere near 30k =))) i'd suggest you return the projector back to laserworld and buy some real stuff

Thumbs up

My problem is 100% fixed now, thanks to a Moncha DAC box that Showtacle kindly offered to modify for me. The software works as it should, so I am pleased as pudding with the result.

A big thanks to Showtacle and LaserKnowHow for all of their help. Let the good times roll

James