Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Fb3 worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    The correct address is most likely paypal@pangolin.com
    That it is.... If you want me to take the picture off I can
    Lol anybody else wants free money while I am handing it out : )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails paypal2.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    pretty sure pangolin@paypal.com is not a pangolin address.
    I used pangolins website to start the order for my livepro reg & this is what happened...'This payment was automatically returned by PayPal on Jul 3, 2009 because the funds were unclaimed for 30 days'. i think that when you have a PAYPAL store this is part of the notification system with paypal. its all part of the "on line " paypal merchet system & accepting paypal payments from your website....
    Lasers, Lights, Music, Action!

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    Damn! Whoops! Perhaps now the drama can subside. Looks like a simple mistake that can be easily fixed now.
    I would hope for the same thing Dave, but the fact of the matter is, after we didn't receive payment, we reached out to this guy many times, both by email and by voice. He's avoided us at every step of the way, and now he's trying to take the high road...

Support is a two-way street. We've asked for additional technical information from him so we can get to the bottom of any problem, and all we get is negativity and bad vibes. This is even shown in post number 96. I'm sorry, but "In your face liar" is not exactly the type of attitude that gets problems resolved...

So instead of writing directly to us, to try to resolve both the payment and the technical problem, the only thing he does is come on PL and trash our product? Well, just as it has happened to others in the past, I think his own actions and attitude (and for that matter, even Avatar) tells the whole story and the kind folks here on PL can see right through him...

In any event, we stand ready to figure out any problem (which, after re-reading this thread I think are related to his "mini-B" USB connector), but I think this is best served in private emails (as myself and many others have already indicated).

Best regards,

William Benner
    Last edited by Pangolin; 11-09-2009 at 22:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    I would hope for the same thing Dave, but the fact of the matter is, after we didn't receive payment.....
    William Benner
    is this ANYONES business but yours and mine?????

attitude (and for that matter, even Avatar) tells the whole story and the kind folks here on PL can see right through him...
    William Benner
    as you where calling me a lier.... and you offered NO help only FLAMES..
    and told me I was FULL of it & that my problems couldnt exist and it must be a laser mfg problem, not our SUPER DUPER 100% power out FB3.... nahhhhhhhhh it couldnt be...... or could it? or wait it could be some cheep laser???? nope no problem there..

So Now I can execpt this level of professionalism from the CEO of pangolin laser products!! What Top Notch Services. your company cant even collect money that it had in its own account... That gives me hope..

attitude, trust me this is mild. even after dealing with simpletons all day

you know it funny how you changed your toon when I put up the paypal transaction

let me guess I made that in photoshop?? Top Notch Support Services Provided by..... "Not Pangolin"

So instead of writing directly to us, to try to resolve both the payment and the technical problem, the only thing he does is come on PL and trash our product? ......

Im not trashing your products, your trashing the end user... Why culdnt you just offer support? like your company should do? but insted you have to try and muck up my name in an effort to "redirect" the attention of the fourm.....

typical of a company that has problems with its products & shaddy CEO's
    Lasers, Lights, Music, Action!

Quote Originally Posted by LaserGuy216 View Post
    when I say "disconnected" I mean when Livepro Errors out or ANY of the FB3 apps stop working, then the app & pc get disconnected.... or lost.
    at this time Im still "Connected" to the usb to pc & ilda from fb3 to proector. sorry that I wasnt more clear in my post.

at this time of LOST fb3 on my system I get GODS ROD OF LIGHT....
    "good thing for safety shutters"
    So, you have a FAULTY device (hardware problem with USB connector of the FB3 board) and you STILL use it to control a potentially dangerour device.

Shame on you. Don't blame Pangolin that their hardware does danger things with your laser; You or someone else damaged the board on a hardware level and you're suggesting the board should "know" that and protect the output?!

So.... back on topic....

Where are we at with the investigations?

Is the FB3 actually putting out less than 5v at full power or was that user error with the AC coupling on the O scope?

What interests me is the comment made previously about a frame (not beams) appearing less bright on FB3 than the same frame on QM2k which suggests it is doing something different (whether intentionally or not). Can someone clarify if this is indeed the case, or whether its just conjecture or me getting confused in all the noise?

Once again, no offense to Bill or Pangolin, but I would have been MUCH happier with the way this thread has gone so far if Bill or Pangolin would address the ^above^ concern directly. The question has been put forward several times throughout all the ranting, but oddly enough I have yet to see a direct answer.

Cool

If you create a beam frame on the QM-2000 with only one or two points, and you display it in the graphics zone, it will appear dim just like it does on the FB3. If you send the frame to the targeted beams zone, it will appear bright.

As for the specific things you need to to with the FB3 to accomplish the same thing, as Bill mentioned, it depends on which software you are using (LA Studio, LiveQuick, or LivePro). See his post # 75 in this thread for more details (his explanation is about 1/2 way into the post.)

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    So.... back on topic....

Where are we at with the investigations?

Is the FB3 actually putting out less than 5v at full power or was that user error with the AC coupling on the O scope?

What interests me is the comment made previously about a frame (not beams) appearing less bright on FB3 than the same frame on QM2k which suggests it is doing something different (whether intentionally or not). Can someone clarify if this is indeed the case, or whether its just conjecture or me getting confused in all the noise?
    Thank you Norty, I have been afraid to post.

The scope is not AC coupled, in the pictures we are looking at the wave form. I talked to some people and now have a test bench setup with a 10 digit RMS DVM, frequency counter, and this time a better camera for scope shots. If you have suggestions for a test please post them we can use the frames provided by DZ, and utilizing the suggestions that Bill made.

If the answer is “LiveQUICK”, then the solution is easy. Most people click down just a single point in the LiveQUICK editor and say "hey, it's not bright enough", but in LiveQUICK we have a special way to create "beams". You must hold the CTRL key down while clicking a point. When you do so, you will see a special kind of "icon" in the drawing window which represents a beam. This gives higher power.
    I will request that this method is tested with the following assumptions:
    1. All tests have been done on the green channel, and this channel will be used unless test for other channels are requested.
    2. LiveQuick will be used the standard software provided.
    3. Please provide feedback and constructive criticism related to the test.
    4. We will be using the frames provided by DZ 300-points.ild and one-point.ild.
    5. This is discussing the FB3 not the QM.NET
    6. If other software changes are suggested, please provide screen shots and written process, so we can complete the tests correctly.
    7. NO DRAMA!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Just a quick word, which maybe will help, as I didn't saw this yet in any discussion :

Not so long ago I noticed something in LivePro for FB3 V5.0 (maybe it was there before), an interesting option in the Beam Projection Zones (Menu Environnement - Projection Zones - Adjust Scanning Other Parameters) : Prevent Minimum numbers of Points from affecting this zone.

Below is annoted : "These options are typically checked for beam zones, where you want max brightness with minimum time spent during beam retrace".

When checked, and coming back to the main projection zone parameter screen, you can read "Minimum Points: Prevented (All points used -- max brightness) instead of "Allowed: smooth scanning for short frames".

The interesting thing is that it's checked by default for all beam zones (targeted, overhead), but you can also check this for all the zones you want more brightness...

Maybe this can help with the brightness problem some peoples are experiencing??