Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Fb3 worth it?

Default Danger, laser radiation

Quote Originally Posted by LaserGuy216 View Post
    only two problems with the FB3......

1. This DAC doesnt allow for 100% FULL laser power output.

2. The mini USB is going to fail after a few years, or less

I have tested my soundcard DAC vs FB3 and found that the sound card dac gives just a bit more power output then my pango..

And ANYONE who has even owned a motorola razr would know that the mini USB port goes bad after about a year and a half.... just as mine has on my FB3 ...... and this sucks as when its connection is lost with the computer you get an error of FULL ON white laser beam of DEATH that goes off in some random area of the dance floor...... this is no good, or even safe
    WHAT!!!! Don't you use cinafoil as a fence to stop stray beams??? ALWAYS USE CINAFOIL TO BLOCK ALL BEAMS FROM HITTING ANYWHERE UNDER 10 FEET!!!! If you do not, you are just asking for trouble and if you don't know about cinafoil then you need to be versed in laser saftey.....

Quote Originally Posted by LaserGuy216 View Post
    only two problems with the FB3......

1. This DAC doesnt allow for 100% FULL laser power output.
    Has this been proven on an o'scope? I've seen this in several threads and I was just wondering how true this is. I suspect the same thing is happening with the FB3 as with the QM2K. If I put up one single point, it's not full power, but there are reasons for this which has to do with the tracks.

2. The mini USB is going to fail after a few years, or less

And ANYONE who has even owned a motorola razr would know that the mini USB port goes bad after about a year and a half.... just as mine has on my FB3 ...... and this sucks as when its connection is lost with the computer you get an error of FULL ON white laser beam of DEATH that goes off in some random area of the dance floor...... this is no good, or even safe
    Hmm, I owned a razr for about 3 years without a problem, guess it just depends. If the output ramps up and the beam goes to a random position when there's a USB disconnect, then yeah, that's not cool at all! I've not read that anywhere else though. Is that a known bug?

Just received my FB3 XE and its got a USB B connecter the great big one used for the printer style so no worries of that breaking and plus when using the xe if you were to get a disconnect you would lose all power to the fb3 and their for no light outputs because it gives no signals unless you're giving ttl to turn off and even then if you have a shutter there's no power to it and it closes. as for the laser power I have read that this is only because their is blanking between ever frame but I remember reading somewhere that deep in the software there was the ability to turn this off but its only enables because palagoin says their smarter then you as to why they have it turned on so I trust them : )
    Over all so far it’s a great little unit and the software is truly awesome especially the LA studios package it comes with if you tell them you’re a Pl member

just got my fb3, working on the power supply now...
    the one thing i'm a bit confused about is that im running vista.... and i'm not able to locate anything other then an un-loadable version of trace it, and live quick.

are the other programs un-loadable to vista?

Quote Originally Posted by ElektroFreak View Post
    The soundcard DAC does have a limited scan angle if you use the original DC-DC converter, but if you use one that provides +-12-15V it provides full-angle full-quality output.
    Thank you! That's what I built mine around. I spent big money on the DC-DC converter to get a very clean +/- 12VDC signal.

Yeah, the newer FB3's use the big USB style connectors, I was surprised when I got mine too.

Quote Originally Posted by kolizion View Post
    just got my fb3, working on the power supply now...
    the one thing i'm a bit confused about is that im running vista.... and i'm not able to locate anything other then an un-loadable version of trace it, and live quick.

are the other programs un-loadable to vista?
    Umm did you manually install the drivers? I know when vista tried to do it by its self it screwed up my fb3 and then I was un able to use the software because it didn't see the fb3 and I had to manually install the drivers.... other than that all the software is working on vista ultimate 64bit edition

yup just figured it out and got it all running,
    now I just have to figure out where to find the shows / patterns anything like that as it seems the cd came with no pre-sets....

grrr...

at least that I can find... but hooray for being up and beaming!

Quote Originally Posted by kolizion View Post
    yup just figured it out and got it all running,
    now I just have to figure out where to find the shows / patterns anything like that as it seems the cd came with no pre-sets....

grrr...

at least that I can find... but hooray for being up and beaming!
    Their is a folder on the cd some where or you can open this file
    C:\Program Files\LiveQuick\LiveQuick\Workspaces\LiveQ
    that should open up all the pre sets and i believe if its not installed its called that on the cd

Awesome! I'll do what I can to dig through it when I get home.
    I was playing with some shows from the FTP last night just for fun.

I'm just happy I have a quallity dac and can put together some good beam shows finally.