Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Fb3 worth it?

yeah I have an oscilloscope and I think after this weekends work I'll have to sit down and test all 3 units.
    Lasers, Lights, Music, Action!

Quote Originally Posted by LaserGuy216 View Post
    yeah I have an oscilloscope and I think after this weekends work I'll have to sit down and test all 3 units.
    Perfect! That will be the only way to truely see what's going on. If you could test with the lasers attached and without the lasers attached, that way we can also see if there's an impedance issue. Take pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    Is there an editable ini file? For the QM2K there's an ini where you can make many changes. I just went in and changed "minimum number of points=" and it had a huge affect on the brightness of a single point.
    Please enlighten us to the modification, as far as I can tell from the responses the issue is in the software. I will ask my friend to run it on his scope, hell even run the data logging. But it would be easier if the software solution(s) were actually posted by somebody rather than saying mine's fine cause I tweaked it so joe user you must be wrong (not saying you are doing that). And the solution should be documented, so people that have the problem can fix it (they wouldn't be looking for a solution if it were not a problem).

http://www.pangolin.com/forums/showthread.php?t=627 similar thread in the pangolin forum says measure output with a scope.

-Adam
    Last edited by sugeek; 11-09-2009 at 11:20.
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

But it would be easier if the software solution(s) were actually posted by somebody rather than saying mine's fine cause I tweaked it so joe user you must be wrong (not saying you are doing that).
    Adam, it may be a solution, but for what problem? After I verified the change could be made, I put it right back. I can't speak for the FB3 because I don't have one, but on the QM2K, if I place 1 point in a frame, I expect it to be very faint. If I plan on that point being a "targeted beam" then I place the frame in that zone and renumber the frame to about 250 points.

We just wont know with the FB3 until someone gets a scope on it and takes some pics. Though I'd bet it's working as designed.

Muhahaha I found it after a few hours of searching i knew i had found the Readouts of the Scope for the FB3
    http://photonlexicon.com/forums/show...3+scope&page=2
    Edit* well it may not be exactly what we want but its a scope of the FB3 witch covers more then most know now.... i think*

Here are some scope pictures, as requested DZ.

-Adam
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CIMG0009.JPG  

CIMG0010.JPG  

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

^What are we looking at there?

Muhahaha I found it after a few hours of searching i knew i had found the Readouts of the Scope for the FB3
    http://photonlexicon.com/forums/show...3+scope&page=2
    Edit* well it may not be exactly what we want but its a scope of the FB3 witch covers more then most know now.... i think*
    That thread does seem to contain some references to this same issue..

does no one like anything anymore?

why does someone always have to try pick holes in everything?

i think the fb3 is worth every single penny
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Nothing wrong with striving for perfection..

If I bought one and couldn't get full power out of my lasers I'd be pissed too.. Seems like kind of a big problem to me. I've been gradually saving up for a good DAC, and as it sits right now I'm going to be saving up until I can afford a QM2000.net.

Quote Originally Posted by ElektroFreak View Post
    ^What are we looking at there?
    That is output from the FB3 sorry they are fuzzy looks to be peaking at a bit above 4v.

-Adam