Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2010 sci-fi newyears countdown animation

Thumbs up

yes, that was a dumb question... Use the animate only effect on frame one, add to timeline, strech to desierd length and play. For me, I had to set it to 1 minute 14.43 seconds to get the countdown to last for 10 seconds... But it turns out if I start it at 14 seconds into a minute it ends at the 60th second...

Thank you Andrew!!! This must have taken some work.

Have you not forgotten what? @drlava

Gento
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vergessen.gif  

You have ILD SOS.. go ahead and run blanking optimization on the frames so it looks like this:

(the result of normal path optimization with ILD SOS)
    You can even try with your optimus program.

Then, play back the result. see which one YOU like better, my friend. There is a reason for those blanking lines that maybe you are about to discover.

Wow dr. lava. Cool! I was trying to figure out how I could do this in my Phoenix Pic Editor, point by point! Didn't know there was software to do this! I will look out for this program, thanks!

>>>>You have ILD SOS.. go ahead and run blanking optimization on the frames so it looks like this: <<<<

I have Optimus

Gento
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Optimiert_1.gif  

Quote Originally Posted by -bart- View Post
    Does everybody realize the uniqueness of this ?
    Actually downloading free 3d-ilda-artwork of practical use, and of this length ?
    Many of you might take it for granted, but elsewhere these animations will cost you up to $10 a frame.
    That is actually pretty stupid, because you can render laser shows from 3DS MAX, if you use wireframe or outline rendering (Ink & Paint material) to render a sequence of EPS files. The EPS frames can be converted into ILDA frames without much effort. Now THAT's easy money!

No that's not easy money!
    People selling laseranimations have a bussiness to run, maybe a family to feed.
    There's nothing wrong charging 10$ per frame.

Converting a original idea creatively into an actual product will take a lot of time and effort.
    Choosing to share that product for free, now that is actually pretty stupid, (or a honorable thing to do)
    Suggesting it can be done in the blink of an eye, might sound insulting to the topic starter.

I've seen -bart- post frames for general use, how about you, Stoney?
    Nope, your first post in the 'laser display files' section is to call something stupid that was supposed to be meant as a compliment. Here's a suggestion we can both work on: it is better to effect change by LEARNING something and DOING something, than try to expose existing (seemingly 'stupid') status-quos in ignorance. So consider this encouragement to post some easy 3D animations, Stoney, and buck the 'stupid' status quo!
    Last edited by drlava; 11-08-2009 at 15:31.

Wink

I found a flaw though... the silence of space. We need to find some sound for it.

I was thinking that too!

Anyone with some sound FX and some time could come up with a little audio snippet I reckon, I'm not sure if something would already be made

Nice frames also, drlava.