Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2010 sci-fi newyears countdown animation

Quote Originally Posted by Things View Post
    Anyone with some sound FX and some time could come up with a little audio snippet I reckon, I'm not sure if something would already be made
    I'll work on it when I've some time (guess will be thirsday).

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Thumbs up

drlava
    Thanks for taking the time to create this animation.
    I would say it's fantastic but I hear that Stoney3K is working on a 4d version with 5:1 sound and "smellovision" so yours will then be second best.

Nice one, Fella.

hehe

thanks a lot Jeroen that would definitely add a needed touch !

Stoney3K Hmmm can you describe in details that process you mentioned. Plus list all the tools for that. I want to try it out.
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

It's a pretty good idea, not sure how well it works as a solution yet though. You'll need a version of 3DS max that has mental ray and the mental ray contour materials.

from here:
    http://www.peachpit.com/articles/art...9506&seqNum=30
    Just go to mental ray's Rendering > Render > Renderer menu, and under Camera Effects, enable the Contours switch. (Note that you'll have to reassign your scene materials using one of mental ray's Contour shaders, but that shouldn't be a big deal. Just adjust your line width and color settings until you get the effect you want.)

Then, in the Camera Effects rollout, click on the Shader button in the Contour Output slot and choose Contour PS as the new shader. Click-drag this slot into an unused sample slot in your Material Editor, and make it an instance. In the Material Editor, you will now be able to adjust your output settings, and then you can just type in your final render path for the vector output, with the Adobe Illustrator .EPS format as the suffix (for example, C:\3dsmax6\images\ test.eps). Click on Render again, and you'll produce an .EPS vector file
    from eps, this is a possibility:
    http://sk1project.org/modules.php?na...t=uniconvertor

Question

Does this mimic any scene from the movie directly? Can we cut audio from the movie and have it fit?

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney3K View Post
    That is actually pretty stupid, because you can render laser shows from 3DS MAX, if you use wireframe or outline rendering (Ink & Paint material) to render a sequence of EPS files. The EPS frames can be converted into ILDA frames without much effort. Now THAT's easy money!
    Yeah, and creating a car is just a matter of putting together some pieces of metal, a motor you don't even have to make yourself, some chairs and at least some wheels.

Designing a website is just a matter of drawing some shapes, filling them with a color and pasting text from the client his e-mail.

Right?

i have a copy of autodesk, i was wondering if someone could show me how this would be done cause i will upload anything people want if im shown how to do it

cheers ollie
    2 x 10w full colour laser systems
    2 x 4w full colour laser systems
    2 x 3w full colour laser systems
    1 450mw pinkem rgb 30k scanner
    2 x 1 watt green laser
    4 x 1 watt blue 445nm laser systems
    3 watt rgb .

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    It's a pretty good idea, not sure how well it works as a solution yet though. You'll need a version of 3DS max that has mental ray and the mental ray contour materials.

from here:
    http://www.peachpit.com/articles/art...9506&seqNum=30

from eps, this is a possibility:
    http://sk1project.org/modules.php?na...t=uniconvertor
    Ahh mental ray. I know how to use it. It will take forever but it works...but the most important thing. EPS to ILDA. Dr Lava can you implement EPS import to SOS.?

I was able to export EPS from mental ray in text form without any trouble. Conclusion: Only black and White and only one frame. Very useless.