Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to connect 1x green + 1x RGB ??

Default How to connect 1x green + 1x RGB ??

Hi guys,

I have just one QM2000 output, 1 green lasers and 1 RGB.
    They have to be connected to this output.
    The RGB laser is following the software frames but the green laser have to beam all the output colors.

How can I connect this green laser to the output?

I mean, can I route the R-G-B signals through 3 diodes and than connect them to my green input signal?

Please help me out.

Audrey

Thumbs up

Audrey;

No need to mess with diodes. The fix is actually very easy. You just need to make a small change to the green projector.

Instead of connecting the green laser's modulation input to the G+ line on the ILDA connector, just use the intensity signal instead. That way the green laser will be on any time there is any output from the RGB unit.

Adam

Isn't the intensity signal TTL?

Smile

Yes, but in a green-only projector that really won't matter much, will it?

Adam

Well effects can look nicer if you can analog modulate the green

(Have you seen the beamshow Moby? try that with a TTL laser)

You cannot dim the laser with brightness controll in livepro

You cannot not use BAM zones.

You cannot lower the power if you are going to use the laser in a smaller area.

Remember Audry live in a country where audiance scanning is normal, how will you ever set the MPE level with a TTL laser.

Cool

That's a good point, I hadn't thought about her using it with LivePro.

As for using the Panoglin Beam Attenuation Map, you really need two controllers for that to work correctly. Surely one of the two projectors has more power than the other. So if you apply the same map to both, it will either be too bright or two dim on one of them. There's no way I'd try this for an audience-scanning show...

But a quick and dirty solution is to use the TTL only intensity signal. If you want *true* variable intensity without buying a second controller, then you will need to build a color summing circuit and install it in the projector. Diodes alone won't work, as the forward voltage drop will reduce the output power of the green projector.

Adam

Ahd with two controllers, one for a RGB and the other for a green only, is there a way to have all the frames from the software replicated on the green projector, independant of the original color? I mean, with the dimming effects too...

Hi guys,

Thanks for your fast replies.
    I was also thinking about this blanking signal, but TTL is really ugly.
    And it has to be inverted too, because it works the opposite of the R-G-B's, right?

I know that there a special kind of diodes (germanium instead of silicium) that have a voltage drop of 0.2V instead of 0.6V.
    So, in the signal range of 0-5V, this is a signal drop 1/20, so 4% loss.

Anyone tried this before?
    I'm sure I'm not the only one who struggled with this 'problem'

Audrey

Pangolin is designed for 1 qm.net per laser. I Use 1 qm.net for 2 similar RGB's and this works fine. But to use 2 different lasers (1 rgb and 1 green) the best thing is use 2 qm.nets. (Also much nicer for your show as you can turn them on and off independant)

There is a (complicated) workarround for your problem. For this you need to ad 3 opamps on the R G and B signal and sum them toghether.

You could use diodes but this will give you problems, below the 0,6V the diode will not work, and above the de 0,6V you will have the voltage drop.

The diode method also gave me more unwanted problems

Quote Originally Posted by Miss A. View Post
    Hi guys,

Thanks for your fast replies.
    I was also thinking about this blanking signal, but TTL is really ugly.
    And it has to be inverted too, because it works the opposite of the R-G-B's, right?

I know that there a special kind of diodes (germanium instead of silicium) that have a voltage drop of 0.2V instead of 0.6V.
    So, in the signal range of 0-5V, this is a signal drop 1/20, so 4% loss.

Anyone tried this before?
    I'm sure I'm not the only one who struggled with this 'problem'

Audrey
    Hi Audrey

What you're trying to do is entirely possible. I run 2 x 1 watt greens alongside my 1.5 watt RGB, all from one QM2000.Net.

The result looks great and the greens are fully analogue modulated. Rob (Stanwax) did the wiring for me on the greens that allows them to be fully analogue modulated. He used diodes on the inputs, but that's as much as I know. Perhaps you could drop him a PM, I know he's quite busy building projectors at the minute. If you PM me i'll give you his email address.

Hope you're keeping well, we haven't seen you here for a while.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001