Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: dim lasever 473nm

The driver was bolted to a nice big heatsink when it was in the projector. How come everything is still getting hot and yet there is very little coming out??

If the TEC has fallen off or something else loose in the head....the thermistor only see's that it needs to cool the laser. If the TEC can't shed or move it's heat out to something else it just keeps powering the TEC and more and more heat is generated by the driver and the laser that is malfuctioning. Snowball destruction......one of these had gotten so hot that the laser die was unsoldered and hanging by the bond wires to the neg post. making it mostly junk.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

I still have 180MW Lasever somewhere. It become dim and I gave up on it knowing how long it will take to get fixed rapaired. I don't think it's under warranty anymore. It makes about 5mw now. Would be nice if it can be repaired.
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

What model is it exactly? The older series had problems with moisture and the crystals getting weak. Then, I heared, that the sealed the laser heads and flooded them with a gas to avoid.

However, I think as every1 else, an easy repair isnt possible. I would return it to Lasever, yes, it will take them a hell of a time to reply and exchange, but my own experiance was, they will fix the issue at a time.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    To be honest; I wouldn't even run a Lasever 473 that wasn't bolted to a good heatsink, they do produce an awful lot of heat.
    Yes, never run this style of power supply without heatsinking it down. It gets super hot since it was designed to be small to heatsink into your projector.

Quote Originally Posted by neutrino View Post
    The driver was bolted to a nice big heatsink when it was in the projector. How come everything is still getting hot and yet there is very little coming out??
    Its still getting hot because it is running or trying to run the pump diode like Mike said. Whether it produces visible light or not does not affect the amount of heat it produces

Quote Originally Posted by Phatslug View Post
    What model is it exactly?
    LSR473-ML-200
    LSR- PS-I

This was originally the older style laser and replaced by lasever 2 weeks before I put it up for sale as one of the first new style that was supposed to fix the old issues. Matter a fact I did not even have time to post this unit for sale since I saw neutrino's WTB thread. While my lasever was being replaced I had bought a more powerful 473nm so I did not need the Lasever when I got it back.

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ule?highlight=

padi.instructor = neutrino, correct? I guess you had a user name change

The driver gets really hot too.

What would this be worth like this. I could sell it for parts or trade it for something laser based.
    I would send it to Mike and see if he can repair it for you. Right now since no one knows whats wrong with it not many people are willing to take a chance on it. Sorry it died on you, should have PM'd me when you first noticed it was dying because I could have contacted Lasever for you to see if they would even offer a cheap repair if not a warranty repair since I had just got it back in early September.

Quote Originally Posted by Phatslug View Post
    What model is it exactly? The older series had problems with moisture and the crystals getting weak. Then, I heared, that the sealed the laser heads and flooded them with a gas to avoid.

However, I think as every1 else, an easy repair isnt possible. I would return it to Lasever, yes, it will take them a hell of a time to reply and exchange, but my own experiance was, they will fix the issue at a time.

Good luck!
    It's that older one that everyone was complaining about. Any idea how to get in contact with Lasaver?
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

Yea it is the older one. I'm really tired up at the mo. I will try and contact Lasever sometime next week and see what they say. Its David I need to speak to, right?

Is there a better way to get in touch other that the email address on their website?

Rich

Yea it is the older one. I'm really tired up at the mo. I will try and contact Lasever sometime next week and see what they say. Its David I need to speak to, right?

Is there a better way to get in touch other that the email address on their website?

Rich
    Like I said, although the model # on it reflects it, this laser is NOT the old model. They put the old model # on it but only to keep the "books" straight i am guessing. You can try to contact David Wu but since the laser was bought over 2 years ago and replaced under warranty over a year ago then he probably will not do anything for you.

Quote Originally Posted by dream beamz View Post
    Like I said, although the model # on it reflects it, this laser is NOT the old model. They put the old model # on it but only to keep the "books" straight i am guessing. You can try to contact David Wu but since the laser was bought over 2 years ago and replaced under warranty over a year ago then he probably will not do anything for you.
    So I got an email back from David Wu saying to return the laser for them to check out. If the fault is the same as the previous they will repair/replace for free if not they will let me know how much to repair it.

Dream Beamz can you remember what the issue was when you had to return it? Do you think it could be what I am experiencing?

Fingers crossed I guess.

Rich

i do believe that was the same problem, sounds like david is going to help you out. awesome