Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My New 1.8watt RRGBV projector

Default My New 1.8watt RRGBV projector

ive been spending way to much time on this projector! been trying to get it up and running before the meet in a few weeks.

i mamanged to get all the drilling done today, so just some wiring left now.

its running -

500mw 532nm
    350mw 635nm
    500mw 650nm
    100mw 473nm
    400mw 405nm

ive spoken to mark and hes gona run it on his qm at the meet, so each laser will be modulated seperatly for some awesome colours im hoping.

just seeing 473 and 405 next to each other looks fooking amazing, i cant wait.

ive only got a fb3 so i can only control 3 lasers so ive got to wait till the meet to see it running properly.

there will be some beam shots posted on sunday using my decent cam, not my fone.

Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Looks very good, but why not try tying your reds and blues together so you can modulate each color's two lasers as one? You should be able to get some pretty good results just doing that, and the color saturation should be impressive.

say again in english? lol
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

I think Electro is saying to tie the 2 red modulation lines together as well as the 473+405 together. That way you can use all lasers with FB3.

Good job. Impressive.

i will be, that will be on sunday once ive finished the wiring
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Thumbs up

VERY NICE man! What he means is to hook the blue and blu-ray blanking leads together and the 635 and 650 red blanking leads together so you only have "3" sets of blanking leads for the FB3.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

i think the qm has the ability to modulate 6 lasers, so i could add one more

if only i could afford a 445 lol
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Very nice work andy_con! Regarding the colors, yes the QM2K has 6 lines, however, they are for:
    Red
    Yellow
    Green
    Cyan
    Blue
    Deeb Blue

So there isn't two seperate red lines to use, but if you did add 445, I'd but 473 on cyan, 445 on blue and 405 on deep blue, that's be interesting to see!

473 with the right amount of 405 should yield a color VERY similar to 445.. I'm hugely in favor of combining 473 with 405 since you can actually tune to the shade of blue that you find most appealing. The same with combining reds, but IMO the reds never impact the overall color tone as much as blue does. It might not hurt to combine the reds and blues, tune them to your favorite shade, and then just run the system with 3 ch like the FB3 provides.

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    Very nice work andy_con! Regarding the colors, yes the QM2K has 6 lines, however, they are for:
    Red
    Yellow
    Green
    Cyan
    Blue
    Deeb Blue

So there isn't two seperate red lines to use, but if you did add 445, I'd but 473 on cyan, 445 on blue and 405 on deep blue, that's be interesting to see!
    i dont own a qm so i could be wrong, is it not the case that providing you set the palettes right it makes no odds?

473 with the right amount of 405 should yield a color VERY similar to 445.. I'm hugely in favor of combining 473 with 405 since you can actually tune to the shade of blue that you find most appealing. The same with combining reds, but IMO the reds never impact the overall color tone as much as blue does. It might not hurt to combine the reds and blues, tune them to your favorite shade, and then just run the system with 3 ch like the FB3 provides.
    ill let you know sunday
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat