Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: LaserMan532 / microlaserlabs.com Custom Dual Red!

Default LaserMan532 / microlaserlabs.com Custom Dual Red!

I want to give a BIG THANKS to Pat (LaserMan532) for his wonderful dual red combiner he built for me! I came to him with space constraint issues and he built this awesome custom unit. Not only did he do it amazingly fast but for a great price as well. Check it out!

As you can see it's not finished on my end, I told him not to anodize it because I have a little extra machining work to do on it myself. Pat even made a nice little jig the PBS cube fits right in! The whole module measures 4cm wide by 7cm deep (counting the adjuster screws) and 6cm high with a 2.5cm beam output height. SO TINY! As you can see the beam exits the module from the hole in the MM1.

My initial plan it to equip this module with 2 LOC 660nm diodes running @ 250mW each off of a single FlexMod2 driver for an output of 500mW @ 660nm. I also plan on sticking a 40mm TEC on the back, (Yeah, overkill but it fits.) and a TEC driver for stability. Eventually I want to swap out the diodes for 2 642nm diodes for a whopping 300mW. I will post pics and details as I progress in this build. Should be awesome when It's done!

Thanks Again!
    Adam

WOW thanks a lot 300evil! I think that is a sexy beast...however, it is a little large for our European friends. It allows the diodes to be clamped, isolated, rotated, adjusted in x and y, precision combining via PBS not scraper technology and the MM-1 gives very precise 1/4 x 80 pitch far field adjustment. Yes it is big...but it is totally functional.

It was a collaborative effort between 300 evil and myself he is the brains and I am the brawn. I have the drawings if others are interested. I did not put it on www.microlaserlabs.com as I feel it is unfinished and needs a few refinements.

I look forward to this build and tons of pictures of popping balloons!
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

That is just sooo sexy.

Hmmm. Top and side, rotate the cube.

Similar to one I was thinking of..... although i never thought to drill the mm1. Good idea.

Kick Ass job guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    it is a little large for our European friends
    not at all your builds are really nice! when I'll have a little spare money, I plan on contacting you to build something similar but with these o-like diode housings I PMed you

Default Great Job Pat!

I have to say once again great job Pat (http://www.microlaserlabs.com) you did a great job on the combiner and great engineering as I have come to expect! In the soon future I will have a product review for you too! I can't wait to see the finished product 300Evil, hopefully this weekend!

-Adam

I wanna see some of this, but in red:
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

i have to second that.... on both accounts!

Quote Originally Posted by sugeek View Post
    I have to say once again great job Pat (http://www.microlaserlabs.com) you did a great job on the combiner and great engineering as I have come to expect! In the soon future I will have a product review for you too! I can't wait to see the finished product 300Evil, hopefully this weekend!

-Adam

I wanna see some of this, but in red:
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

UPDATE

New Pics!

It's a modded Aixiz module with the back half of the case cut off to .5" long to allow better thermal conduction into the .5" mounts. These have a LOC 660nm diode inside along with DrLava's glass collimator. It is also equipped with a LASORB and a 2.2 ohm 1/2W resistor for balancing. Thanks for the Resistors and Aixiz modules Sugeek!

Here are pics of the single diode assy mounted in the combiner running on a FlexMod2. Still in the design/testing phase and waiting for my other LOC diode.

Oh, and I painted the inside of the hole in the MM1 with high temp grill paint.

That is looking good! I am glad to see they got put to good use!

-Adam
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

UPDATE!

IT'S ALIVE!

I even installed a HUGE 40mm TEC.

My goal was 500mW. It easily does that and then some. (See 532mW)

Not finished yet though. Still needs the diode modules isolated and the TEC controller installed. I'm hoping to get a stable 500mW out of it using the TEC cooling.