Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: LASERSCOPE ORION for sale

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Can anyone tell what the maximum power levels we are allowed to talk about on here without the speeches being given ? LOL

come on simon, it has nothing to do with power, you know that. It has to do with ones capabilities, no one questioned your capabilities.

FYI, that piece of equipment would never be able to be used in the US. NOTHING about it is legal. But is par for the course of the local DJ scene in the states.

dont be so sensitive. We are dealing with some problems over here with unscrupulous individuals using hacked together pieces of shit vag burners similar to this one.
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    OMG...

thats some shocking workmanship from clive in skegness there.
    That's not gaffa tape I see there?
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Can anyone tell what the maximum power levels we are allowed to talk about on here without the speeches being given ? LOL
    the only way to completely avoid the photon police is at 1mw or less - not kidding check out the pointer threads lol!

Good luck selling your laser... I would make an offer but there is a rather large. Ody of water between us

maybe if you aim the laserscope at the Atlantic you can burn all the water away and blind all the flish

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    That's not gaffa tape I see there?
    Yes but it's optical grade...

Ha!

If you cant stick it together with gaffa, its probably not worth sticking together in the first place!

PS, that's a tight looking little z fold!
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Ok, as I said before, the gaffer tape doesnt hold it together, its just to shield the stray Infrared whilst I was working on it alligning the scanners.
    (yes I did wear protective goggles)

I know its far from an ideal solution but I needed a quick one and it works very well !

I will remove the offending tape tonight, and retake the pictures to keep "a few" of you happy.
    The laser is in very good condition otherwise.

Unfortunately, if I cant sell it here, it will go on Ebay as I need the cash for another laser. Sorry Laserman532 !

As for the Z fold being tight, you will have to take that up with the product designer.

Ok, as I said before, the gaffer tape doesnt hold it together, its just to shield the stray Infrared whilst I was working on it alligning the scanners.
    (yes I did wear protective goggles)

I know its far from an ideal solution but I needed a quick one and it works very well !

I will remove the offending tape tonight, and retake the pictures to keep "a few" of you happy.
    The laser is in very good condition otherwise.

Unfortunately, if I cant sell it here, it will go on Ebay as I need the cash for another laser. Sorry Laserman532 !

As for the Z fold being tight, you will have to take that up with the product designer.

no need to apologize to me, It dosnt matter to me. You can sell it at a garage sale. I dont run a lasershow company anymore. So if there is an accident and bad world press ensues it dosnt affect me one way or another...it negatively affects you guys. My position is from meerly a princple point of view.

Dont take things so personnally, as far as i can tell you were never targeted..its the philosiphy at target.

You can remove all the duct tape you want to. You can also put lipstick on a pig.
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Quote Originally Posted by sugeek View Post
    and everyone ripped into him immediately... instead of trying to figure out if he knows what he is talking about and helping him, or convincing him to go with something more reasonable everyone immediately went on a mission to crucify this guy... I'm surprised he is still here actually...

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    come on simon, it has nothing to do with power, you know that. It has to do with ones capabilities, no one questioned your capabilities.

FYI, that piece of equipment would never be able to be used in the US. NOTHING about it is legal. But is par for the course of the local DJ scene in the states.

dont be so sensitive. We are dealing with some problems over here with unscrupulous individuals using hacked together pieces of shit vag burners similar to this one.
    how is nothing about it legal? there are other very high power laser systems used for outdoor stuff, what makes this one in particular illegal?

and how can you tell him not to be so sensitive when people are again trying to crucify someone, saying they should throw it off a bridge into san fransico bay? they should be banned because of idiot DJ's etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    and everyone ripped into him immediately... instead of trying to figure out if he knows what he is talking about and helping him, or convincing him to go with something more reasonable everyone immediately went on a mission to crucify this guy... I'm surprised he is still here actually...

how is nothing about it legal? there are other very high power laser systems used for outdoor stuff, what makes this one in particular illegal?

and how can you tell him not to be so sensitive when people are again trying to crucify someone, saying they should throw it off a bridge into san fransico bay? they should be banned because of idiot DJ's etc etc
    as far as the other guy???he is a menace, and you have no idea of the history a few of us that have dealt with him personally. He deserves to be crusified and his laser dropped off the GG bridge...he has earned that.

Now flemcon, if you read my statement correctly. I said the unit would NEVER be legal in the US. I have not personally laid my hands on this masterpiece but from what i can tell...it has no keyswitch, it has no sealed cover, it has no cover interlock, it has no emission indicator and it has no warning label and no aperature label...and i doubt that the lamp is disconected in the event of someone opening the cover.

My diagnostics of the system were spot on. Until you can proove otherwise. It is another cluged together piece of crap vag burner...i've seen a hundred of them and this one is second in line to prodjallens.

If it were a masterpiece of technical art, I would also say that....unfortunately this one isnt in that category.
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Cool

Re: the prodjallen thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    everyone ripped into him immediately... instead of trying to figure out if he knows what he is talking about and helping him,
    Sorry Frank, but that dog just won't hunt.

First, people did try to figure out if he (prodjallen) knew what he was talking about (hint: he didn't, and still doesn't), and they *were* trying to help him at the outset. A lot of this took place outside of PL, and not everyone was privy to the whole conversation. Only later, after it was abundantly clear that the guy was not only clueless but an outright menace did people start hammering him.
    everyone immediately went on a mission to crucify this guy.
    Wrong. Several people reached out to him, including me. Even after other people were ready to contact the CDRH, I decided to give him one last chance, after a long chat with Casey Stack at Laser Compliance Inc. convinced me that it would be better to educate him than to condemn him. Sadly, I didn't have any more luck than Pat, or Steve, or Marc, or Jon, or anyone else who tried to steer him towards safety.
    I'm surprised he is still here actually.
    Ditto.
    how is nothing about it legal?
    Maybe because adding the proper interlocks to a flashlamp-pumped, q-switched YAG is a much bigger task than you realize? Pat is an expert when it comes to these units. You might want to trust his judgement.
    there are other very high power laser systems used for outdoor stuff
    Not like one of these... This is a PULSED laser. That's a whole different ballgame, pal.

20 watts CW from a big argon is a lot of light, and in the wrong circumstances it can be dangerous. 20 watts PULSED from a laserscope is *always* dangerous, and is absolutely unsuitable for anything but aerial effects performed with the utmost caution. The very first time you make a mistake with one of these, someone gets hurt. They're worse than dangerous, they're downright scary. (Remember: the *intended* use of these things was to burn human flesh!)

Adam