Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Pangolin Quickshow for FB3 released!

Default Pangolin Quickshow for FB3 released!

Just in case it had passed anyone by, Bill posted on another thread today that Quickshow is now available for download from the Pangolin website.

Look in the 'whats new' section for PDf and link to software.

I've just been playing with it, very simple interface and I may be wrong but my galvos seemed quieter running QS?
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Quite possible, Doc.

According to Bill, one of the things that is so cool about quickshow is that "points don't exist". Now, he never implied what that really meant, but I interpret it to be that the software is using the computer's CPU to solve the "traveling salesman" problem for the entire image (all tracks, all layers) each time a frame is displayed. That means that it's picking the optimal path to draw everything with the least amount of galvo hammering. So yeah, it would make sense that your scanners would be quieter, as they may well be moving in a more efficient path now.

Adam

I'd be interested to hear what experience others are having with different levels of computer hardware.
    I was somewhat surprised to see the minimum PC specs for this as they seem quite high. Now it could be just that its a default safety spec for good running of the software, but personally I run a P4 laptop with 1GB of ram and I'd like to not have to change my computer. The comp doesn't do anything else and has been stripped of any unneccessary software so I'm hopeful it'll be sufficient. I'll post back some findings once I've downloaded and installed QS.

Running sweet as a nut here on an old notebook (1.7gig Pentium M, 1 gig ram) with plenty of resources free.

Doc's website

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Cool, sounds about what I've got - HP NC8000

Default pics

this thread is usless with out pics

can anyone post some i wanna see what the fuss has been all about
    ie whats the gui look like ??

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by badger1666 View Post
    this thread is usless with out pics

can anyone post some i wanna see what the fuss has been all about
    ie whats the gui look like ??

thanks
    http://www.pangolin.com/_Files/QuickShow.pdf

Doc's website

I gotta say, some of the preview images look like they sort of taper at the ends of the lines in a very pleasant looking smoothed way - imagine my surprise to see that the actual projected image looks exactly the same! Gives it a really classy refined look, and Doc is right, my scanners can runa bit quicker than on LivePro and with less noise now.

Doc, I may have found the limits of my machine. Does your output go choppy when you use QuickFX?

Default re

just a quick one, im so happy this is out. im planning on running a clock on new years all evening now mmmmmm jus 1 question, i will be doing the lighting and lasers and have 1 dedicated laptop for lighting and 1 dedicated laptop for lasers.

i dont think there is but im wanting to run livepro running 3 lasers and quickshow running the other laser for the clock. i have 2 fb3s and was wondering if this will be possible from the same pc. im pretty sure it wont be.

if not ill have to bring my mums laptop too and run it off that. i shouldnt ever have to touch it tho so can stow it away somewhere out the way.

cheers everyone
    2 x 10w full colour laser systems
    2 x 4w full colour laser systems
    2 x 3w full colour laser systems
    1 450mw pinkem rgb 30k scanner
    2 x 1 watt green laser
    4 x 1 watt blue 445nm laser systems
    3 watt rgb .