Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lfi player

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Default Lfi player

Attention Sound Card DAcers, RiyA users.

We might loose a resource, If any of you are using LFI player,please fix this
    By posting a decent review.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    he three of you because, over time, you have shown the greatest interest in the LFI Player laser software. As you know, back in 2005, I made the source, documentation, and binaries available on SourceForge.net. Over the years, I would occasionally check the download statistics, so I know that several thousand downloads have been made. In that time, I have never received a single thank you or acknowledgement from any of the people downloading the software. And I can accept that.

But recently, SourceForge has added a mechanism to write reviews of the posted software...and LFI Player now has a single review from an anonymous poster...

0% of 1 user recommends this project
    * Thumbs down
    Blows monkey balls
    posted by anonymous 18 days ago

So, I've come to a crossroads. If "Blows monkey balls" really is the general opinion of LFI Player, then the time has come to remove it from SourceForge and retire it once and for all. If any of you disagree with this poster's assessment, then I would ask that you provide your own feedback at http://sourceforge.net/projects/lfiplayer3d/, and/or perhaps solicit others you might know with an interest to post their feedback as well. While I don't want to seem overly sensitive to criticism of my work, I am also not particularly inclined to simply accept having literally hundereds of hours of my coding work characterized in such a flippant manner.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Best Regards,
    Michael Svob
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Already left one.

It's very unfortunate that some entitled twit had to leave that message on the SourceForge page. In addition to Sound card dacs and RIYA, the software supports EasyLase, and other DACs as well.
    Michael deserves much gratitude for his work.

Left one as well. I love LFI player and I use it all the time.. IMO it's the best free laser show software available, plus it's not weak on features.

Hear Hear-
    That's so sad that someone puts such a great project out there, and gets kicked in the nuts as thanks. I left a belated thank you, as I have learned a lot from surfing the code that this guy was cool enough to share. I have a couple of projects on the sideline that fall into this kind of category that I have been holding off "throwing out there" for this exact reason. It is a sad scenario that happens too often.
    A teeny bit of thanks sometimes goes a longggg way.
    -Mike

I'm one from several thousand people, which have done download LFI player, but have not written any word about it.
    Moreover, Michael realised support our controllers in his software.
    I am very ashamed...
    Sorry Michael...
    Last edited by riyalasers; 11-25-2009 at 05:53.

I use LFI player, it would be a shame to have it disappear!

-Adam
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Default Thank You

Thanks to all of you who jumped in and posted your very kind reviews of LFI Player. It's encouraging to know that there are people out there who find it useful, and that the software is appreciated. I'll leave the project up.

Best Regards,
    Michael

Default i like it

i like it works well with my easylase ,shame it cant play files from phoenix or lsd . is there a player out there that will play these ?

I love the layout and look of lfi player but could never get it to work.
    I would love for some help, tried on LPF but hit a dead end.
    I put the log there too but no one there knows.
    If someone here who is willing to help i would be more than happy to give it a great review.
    General info on setup:
    XP sp3
    Sound card and correction amp.
    the last known good c media driver.
    My problem is i load a frame tell it to play and nothing,
    It plays in laserboy but even then it has an issue of blanking, This brought me to think it could be the pc but it is the only one i have left running windows.
    My Logs are here.
    http://pastebin.com/rc2YP1CJ
    It says it finds and activates my sound card but then the other log seems to show some sort of error.

Your product was recommended to me and i would love to use it, but i have no idea where my problems lie if its software or hardware.
    EDIT
    NM for some reason i re downloaded it, and it seems to be working. Very happy leaving a review shortly.
    maybe a bad download...

Also note:
    please make or log into source forge and down rate the bad comment.
    Last edited by kiyoukan; 04-14-2010 at 14:43.

Looking at the log file you provided (thank you, very helpful), it looks like "Display Laser" was unchecked in the settings...

Read the following values from LFI_Player.ini:
    BasePort: 0x300
    DisplayLaser: 0
    DisplayScreen: 1

This is certainly one thing that could cause the laser display not to be output to the device. Not sure, maybe when you re downloaded you picked up a different .ini file.