Thread: 1.5W Viasho/ScanPro 40's/FB3 Reviw's (lot of pic)

Default 1.5W Viasho/ScanPro 40's/FB3 Reviw's (lot of pic)

So Today I am reviewing my 1.5W Viasho Laser I got directly from http://www.viasho.com/ through a guy named Frank. Plus Scan pro 40’s from Dave at http://lasershowparts.com/store/ And the FB3 from http://www.pangolin.com/

My scanner is not done this is just a mock up done with stick tape : ) just so I could make sure all my parts work

1.5W Laser
    Action Shot
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Ya its got Beef.
    The transaction itself was great way better then the CNI group by as Glenn can only do so much and after a while it just seemed that CNI didn’t care about us any more so I asked for a refund and Glenn delivered in good time….. Let me say this Glenn is an awesome guy to deal with….. Anyway so after getting the refund and taking with frank I paid him a 100$ more than I did in the CNI group buy for a 1.5W laser from 1.2W nice upgrade for 100$ : )….. Even after paying frank he kept up the communication just as fast as before ( responding in about 12 hours) and my laser shipped 2 days after I had paid them 2 whole days …. CNI take note this was not 45+ days it was 2……

Anyway moving on the laser its self
    After a few measurements it has about a 2.8mm beam out of the apparatus and then ~1.2mRad divergence….. This is really tight for a lab style laser: ) and I am loving it, it’s very clean to as there’s not much speckle around the dot

The power test
    Now I must say I am disappointed here as I received a laser that did 1.78W and not 1.5 as I had ordered can you believe this guy sending me an over speck laser who does he think I am : ) but all joking aside that’s almost 300mw enough to make up for optical loss : ) and the power test was done before the galvos when I had it on my bench seen here

[IMG][/IMG]

I got about 1.7% stability over 21 min between 1750-1780…. As I had to cut the beam in half so I had about 875mw to play with while the other was sent to the meter and let me tell you that’s got to be the funest metering I have ever done : ) lol this thing burned everything including me when I sat to look the laserbee and saw smoke coming from my shirt : ) but anyway this was done after about a 5 min warm up and one thing I have noticed about this laser is its pretty much full power the moment you crank it all the way up to 6.5A

Now for the pictures

Front of power supply
    [IMG][/IMG]

Back of driver
    [IMG][/IMG]

The cool thing is the laser never really turns off in use this enables faster modulation and no current spikes
    [IMG][/IMG]

Dim red glow can be seen here this is when it’s “idling” and 0.65A
    [IMG][/IMG]

Laser Head Sticker
    [IMG][/IMG]

Side of laser
    [IMG][/IMG]

Scanner assembly
    [IMG][/IMG]

Real action shot
    [IMG][/IMG]

Full power : )
    [IMG][/IMG]

All of the pic were taken in side with my lights on 4 x 60W florescent light bulbs nothing is in the air this is just normal country air : ) no fog no smoke no nothing it’s that bright.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Camera is on auto also
    [IMG][/IMG]

Auto setting makes it dark for some reason….
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

That is the 2% loss from the galvos you see their that’s not spill that is actually going through the mirror.
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Good beam profile
    [IMG][/IMG]

Scanned with nothing in the air lights are now off though
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Scan pro 40’s
    These things are quiet and fast unless you make them angry and you know when you have made them angry as they start to make weird noises when you push them to far but when you don’t their perfect and do really good scans. Plus Dave had the galvos pre tuned for 30kpps since that is what the “standard” is for most shows and is the max the FB3 will transmit. So all pictures were taken at 30kpps

This is done at 30% of the FB3 scan angle this is what I use for all my graphics
    [IMG][/IMG]

Different test patter at 30%
    [IMG][/IMG]

Kind of odd with the FB3 is it’s not receive full power when doing that scan but close
    [IMG][/IMG]

Pushed a little too hard at 50% of the FB3 scan angle can see 2 lines in the upper right diagonal.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Does this one fine though at 50%
    [IMG][/IMG]

One of the more complex patters in think and pushing the scanners a little hard at 50% you can see a little miss match at the top and sides.
    [IMG][/IMG]

But at 30% it’s got no problem doing it
    [IMG][/IMG]

100% scan angle I normal use about 70% for beam shows and the galvos don’t make angry sounds unless it’s a complex beam or has a lot of dots.
    [IMG][/IMG]

So as you can see these scanners are the stuff and they were great for the price I would recommend them and now on to the FB3

Possible the best controller I could imaged as this is my only laser DAC I have ever used and the software that came with it was amazing the La Studios package and Quick show are freaking awesome and are a must have for anybody that wants to get into lasers though there is spaghetti to for the cheaper side but I think it’s worth the extra 400$ just for the software.

The user interface on quick show is really easy to use just click and it’s done
    [IMG][/IMG]

Some of the pre patters it has and being scanned at 30%
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I like this one the best so far
    [IMG][/IMG]

And that concludes my review of these 3 items ….. Hopefully your ISP doesn’t kill you and your computers don’t die from all the pictures : )
    Tell me if there is any other information you want to know
    The price for all these items brand new was about 3k but I got a good deal on all 3 of them and like I said these were all new from the 3 links I set above….. I won’t give the prices though as that’s for you to negate : ) if you chose to go this route……

Also sorry for the messy room I normally don’t live here as I am in college and am back for thanksgiving ….. my parents are in the middle making me pack every thing so they can make my room into a weight room …..

Michael

Hi, Michael

Nice photos.

And I am glad that you love this laser.

Have fun with it!!
    http://www.viasho.com
    wzc@viasho.com
    Wechat & Whatsapp: +8613911142669

Nice work man! Heaps of pix
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Great Laser you got there
    I have the same (but with the old-style fan on top) !
    Mine laser was bought as 1Watt, but it delivers 1.4Watt Green monster beam :-)

It`s so terrible bright to play with inside, I guess you understand why :P
    When I turn it off, the eyes try to convert every color into red
    Not so safe for the eye I guess....

Anyway, cheers with your new toy !
    And BTW: Dont worry about the future with this laser, Viasho ALWAYS take care if there is any problem\errors

Cheers

//Filip

We should start a Viasho club : )

Ya its really bright when you shine it on white walls and stuff : ) and i get the same thing evey thing turns red : ) ...... that is great to know about their customer service as frank seemd like a really good guy....

So took a few more pictures today. And got some ok beam shots….. smoke was from just 2 sheets of paper lit on fire in my garage : ) fog machine broke : ( cant waite to get another one : ) as i bet this thing would look beastly : )

Oh Phew... I looked at the pictures before I read your statement. I thought your garage door opener was a video projector! If it was, it would have probably been too late. I've got a nice off center crosshair from my 1W Laserwave.

In your first post you said you can see the faint red glow when its idling... is that from the 7-segment display on the power supply or are you seeing IR?

Very nice laser. You can see the power when you get decent beam shows from couple of sheets worth of paper smoke! Makes you realise just how good its really going to look when properly smoked with the right size particles.

...and yeah Quickshow is awesome. I'm already a fan even though I've only used it for testing.

Quote Originally Posted by mliptack View Post
    Oh Phew... I looked at the pictures before I read your statement. I thought your garage door opener was a video projector! If it was, it would have probably been too late. I've got a nice off center crosshair from my 1W Laser wave.

In your first post you said you can see the faint red glow when it’s idling... is that from the 7-segment display on the power supply or are you seeing IR?
    ya lol a video project would have been bad .... that is a bummer about yours though....
    yes the faint red glow in the picture is IR but its less then 5mw or so my power meter can’t pick it up and it’s a thermal power meter. so it’s nothing to worry about its just letting you know its waiting to be given full power : )

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    Very nice laser. You can see the power when you get decent beam shows from couple of sheets worth of paper smoke! Makes you realize just how good it really going to look when properly smoked with the right size particles.

...and yeah Quick show is awesome. I'm already a fan even though I've only used it for testing.
    Ya I know going to pick up a fog machine today off of Craig’s list 20$ : ) used 2x supposedly........ Quick show is great for live stuff but I still like La Studios way better for music timed shows.