Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Combining 640nm and 660nm?

Default Combining 640nm and 660nm?

Hi, I am going to purchase a 200mW 640nm Laser-wave module.

This is a little low power for my green, but it's all my budget can stretch to.

I do however have a few LOC diodes in modules, and if needed, I can combine 1 with the laser-wave red? Will this work? What optic would I use?

Cheers,
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Things View Post
    Hi, I am going to purchase a 200mW 640nm Laser-wave module.

This is a little low power for my green, but it's all my budget can stretch to.

I do however have a few LOC diodes in modules, and if needed, I can combine 1 with the laser-wave red? Will this work? What optic would I use?

Cheers,
    Dan
    Hi Dan

Provided the laser you are buying from Laserwave is a single diode module you can easily combine it with another red by using a PBS cube coated for red wavelengths.

You just need to find out what polarisation the laserwave has (s or p) and set your diode to the opposite polarisation.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Could he not employ one of the Semrock dichro's from the GB about a year ago? It was intended for combining 635 and 660. I have to locate the data sheet...... I would think that several LOC's and a opposed pair of 640's could be done nice. Maybe too much loss.....need to find the cut-off point on the data.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

you could do with i did when i combined 660 with 635nm

i knifed edged the two 660 open can diodes and joined them in a standard laserwave cube with the 635nm beam.

check out my 1.8w RRGBV projector post
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

The Semrock dichro could be used. However, it an expensive option.

I have a dual maxyz module combined with a Laserwave 642nm using the Semrock dichro.

I still think the cheapest way to combine two single lasers is with a PBS cube, providing the lasers are polarised of course

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

I'm not sure if the LW 200mW 640nm laser uses 1 or 2 diodes.

I'll buy it anyway, and see how it compares to my green. The 660 would just be a backup incase it wasn't standing up very well ...

Thanks

The 660nm combined with the 642nm makes a beautiful red that packs punch.

You'll definately like it

Jem

Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

wow! aren't your beams a bit fat? according to the mirrors you use, you have a reducing setup right?

they are yes but theres nothing i can do about the size of the beam coming out of the 635

the two knife edged 660 beams fit easily inside the fat 635 beam
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat