Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: UKLEM 5.5 Photos

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

But "The Public" would have expectations.
    A bunch of nerds just firing off lasers willy nilly might not float their boat.

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    But "The Public" would have expectations.
    A bunch of nerds just firing off lasers willy nilly might not float their boat.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly... It's a rad looking venue tho, and if we could set up an event for the purpose, like, maybe have the LEM during the day and then have the public in for the evening would be cool... Maybe if we set something other than your normal saturday night up, get some proper DJ's and make a night of it! (maybe some VJ's too, it'd be fun to try to do a live DJ/VJ/LJ battle!)

BAhhhhh ... another one missed .... shengus ...maybe next time guys
    Looked superbly wonderful fun ...some great pics .. really made me jealous
    Only thing missing was people dancing !
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Quote Originally Posted by robotarmy View Post
    ...... get some proper DJ's and make a night of it! (maybe some VJ's too ........
    Sounds Supey Dupey.
    But wouldn't the club have their normal disco lights on (to please the paying punters) which would be at odds with the darkness us laserists crave?
    LEM's are usually based solely around our needs (smoke, darkness, disgusting toilets etc. )

Chuck some other peeps into the equation and it starts to get "interesting".

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    LEM's are usually based solely around our needs (smoke, darkness, disgusting toilets etc. )
    "bring the lights down" - Caspa et al.

I mean, we could (should?) always steal total control of the lighting desk...Get someone to bring down daslight if the console isn't pro. VJ's hate the light too.... I know there seems to be a little hateon for VJ's around here but that's what i'm into... I've migrated from lighting to video to lasers, i think the right mix of it makes a night! After music, and sound that is, obvoiusly

I'm sure the punters will provide us with the disgusting toilets, and as for smoke, does this club have a proper hazer or a smoke machine ("fazer" etc)

Real hazer:

Fake hazer:

I'm up for coming to the next meet. A night club venue sounds awesome. Anyone who lives further north is welcome to crash at my place the night before and travel down with me to Westbury from mine the next day, save on petrol too? I live in Lichfield, Staffs.