Thread: RGB ilda & dmx scanner software?

Question RGB ilda & dmx scanner software?

Hi Everyone,

I wonder if anyone can help me here... I'm very new to all this laser excitement! I've got an NRG 475mw RGV running on Moncha via PC and ILDA interface... So far, I've made a pretty successful single laser show sync'd to music.
    Moving forward, what I'd like to do is add 2 x Acme Dynatwin scanners and 2 x Acme Genesis scanners (which I already have). Somehow I'd like to control all this together so I can create shows with the lights and laser all synced to music. I've got freestyler installed (although I admit so far I'm a complete novice using it), but I believe I'll only be able to control the laser via the DMX input and hence only be able to use it's internal patterns.... So... the question is, what can I use to use my own laser animations/beams and the scanners together synced to music??
    Funds are VERY limited btw
    Also shortly (hopefully, Chinese post permitting) I have a 650mw RGV laser arriving, which would be good to use together with the above....

Do you think the above is OTT for my 7 yr olds disco I've got the laser bug, and it seemed a good opportunity to get everything working together btw.... don't worry, I'm definitely not going to even attempt any audience scanning!!!

Cheers in advance!

Nik

Well, if you want to DMX control your lasers and be able to play shows etc from it, you would need a Flashback 3 from Pangolin to control the lasers.

I'm not sure if there is any way to interface Freestyler and Moncha together.

As for the disco's, I use my laser projector at school disco's all the time, the kids absolutely love it. 7 may be a bit over the top, but it wold be one heck of a light show

You can control DMX devices from Moncha. Maybe it's not perfect for intelligent lightning like scanners and moving heads, but you can check, if it would be ok(one our good friend uses it with all kind of DMX fixtures and is happy with the possibilities). It's even working in "transparent" mode, so you can mix movements and color changers in a quite easy way.

You can check Moncha manual for more details about DMX in Moncha. Or you can send me a message with request for more details.