Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Laserwave Upgrade Dichroic asking for test

Just realized I actually have one of these new laserwave dichros. I was fiddling around with my projector when I discovered one of the dichros were thicker than the others. So, I decided to test it with a 642 nm laser and the result was rather impressive.

It's a reflect red/pass green dichro. Transmittance at 642 nm mixed polarization and 45° angle of incidence is 0.052%! I could only measure the reflectance to 99.7% though, because the dichro mount blocks part of the beam at this angle.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by bridge View Post
    300EVIL, Allthatwhatis, Loopee, I know all of you are busy, but if there some test when you had time, there will be great thanks.
    Doc, had you received the package?
    Best regards!
    Bridge
    Hey Bridge; I am waiting on a better meter and to also get my 660nm reds fixed. I pulled them out and the diodes are dead. The meter I have is not stable enough to get good reading for a review of optics; thought it would be better when I volunteered.

I would post results for 532 nm too, but I discovered that it's not possible without an IR filter for my green laserwave. At 455 mW optical power at least 42 mW of those are in the IR. No IR filter in laserwave lasers, at least not one that works...

I need to order an IR filter for work soon anyway, so I'll get those results one day.

Hi All

First off, Bridge sorry for the delay in performing the tests, I really wasn’t expecting to be as busy as I was for the last couple of weeks.

Here are the test results that I’m getting.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dichro Test Results.png 
Views:	37 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	13747

One thing to note is that I do not have an IR filter so results maybe out a little due to IR.

My Blue also seems to be having issues, I'm only getting three quarters of the rated power and if I switch it over to CW on the controller after sometime it shuts down (and will only reset after a power cycle)

I will try and do some comparison testing with the old dichros soon

Troy
    RTI Piko RGB 4 Projector
    CT6215 Scanners & CT 671 Amps; CT6210 & Medialas Microamps.
    RGBLaser Systems 6000mW RGB Module - 638nm/445nm/532
    LD2000 Pro + QM2000.net + Beyond
    Etherdream + LSX

Old Projector Build

Quote Originally Posted by loopee View Post
    One thing to note is that I do not have an IR filter so results maybe out a little due to IR.

My Blue also seems to be having issues, I'm only getting three quarters of the rated power and if I switch it over to CW on the controller after sometime it shuts down (and will only reset after a power cycle)
    It seems your blue laser is putting out a fair amount of IR too. Either that, or the blue reflective dichro is bad.

After my recent tests I have come to the conclusion that results without an external IR filter before the dichros simply can't be trusted. Unless you're using only diode lasers that is of course...

Default dichro

@ bridge when did you start making the new dichros ? is what tocket says true that he may have one of the detter dichro's , i ask as when i brought my set set in september last year one of mine was thicker than the other so was wondering if that was likey to be one of the new type ?

Tocket's had unit is old edition.
    we only begin sell new dichroic from now.
    the 5 setting for test is our first new type dichroic for using.
    for test, expect doide lasers, DPSSL all had a few IR fleak so that will affect test result.
    we know our new type is: R>99%, T>97%
    Best regards!
    Bridge
    Laser-wave can supply:
    Green 532nm, 4W, 10W, 15W
    blue 445nm, 2W, 3.5W, 6W, 10W
    blue 462nm, 2W
    Red 638nm, 500mW, 1W,2W, 4W, 5W, 6W, 8W, 10W
    All diodes, All optics, All mount, All laser base and housing for yourselves building lasers.
    Speical products, 532nm, OEM-V-SS, 4W, 98mm*46mm*48mm; OEM-H, 10W, 250mm*88mm*70mm
    www.laser-wave.com or www.laser-wave.net
    bridge@laser-wave.com or 463366312@qq.com
    We Chat: 463366312, Laserwave-Bridge

Hi Troy,
    Thanks for test result.
    Hi Aaron,Ian
    don't worry, waiting for you result.
    Best regards!
    Bridge
    Laser-wave can supply:
    Green 532nm, 4W, 10W, 15W
    blue 445nm, 2W, 3.5W, 6W, 10W
    blue 462nm, 2W
    Red 638nm, 500mW, 1W,2W, 4W, 5W, 6W, 8W, 10W
    All diodes, All optics, All mount, All laser base and housing for yourselves building lasers.
    Speical products, 532nm, OEM-V-SS, 4W, 98mm*46mm*48mm; OEM-H, 10W, 250mm*88mm*70mm
    www.laser-wave.com or www.laser-wave.net
    bridge@laser-wave.com or 463366312@qq.com
    We Chat: 463366312, Laserwave-Bridge

OK folks here's my test results (at long last!)

From left to right (reflect blue dichros): Old Laserwave, new Laserwave & Edmunds

and the test results.......

It would appear that you have done a fine job Bridge, the dichros are a vast improvement over the originals, and impressively; the Laserwave dichro almost matching the much more expensive Edmunds counterpart (so closely that I will be using Laserwave dichros in my 2 new projector builds that have just started.

I am really looking forward to seeing the new PBS cubes!

Ian

Last edited by Doc; 01-17-2010 at 14:27. Reason: typo
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Default doc

hi doc did you not try pass blue on the reflect red dichro ??
    thanks