44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Run and gun!

36 81.82%
  • Tactical insertion.

6 13.64%
  • IM SO INDECISIVE!

2 4.55%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Forum Upgrade next week. It's going to be nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    Lock n' load, then Fire for Effect...

With ample warning for those members that might suffer extreme withdrawal symptoms if offline for more than a few minutes...
    I'm afraid there is no cure... I might have to start a conference call... who's in?

PL-Downtime party! Woo!

--DDL
    I suffer from the Dunning–Kruger effect... daily.

I will be spending the majority of this down time in the fetal position shivering in the corner, possibly with a small dribble of spittal oozing from my mouth
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

We could all go over to LPF and hang for a while like a bunch of sailors at port for the parade...

-Jonathan

clandestiny is offline Eleventy-Billion Watt Ar/Kr >:)
    somewhere between orlando and san antonio

Yes let's do that. While where at it get rid of laser Ben as well. I noticed he still has a few shill accounts he uses to lurk around or alter poll results.
    go big or go home

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Gladly. As soon as I get the release notification I will try and schedule the install during some of the rare down time(2300EST-ish) and dump a notification somewhere on the board.

Thumbs up 16 empty tubes, and a mushroom cloud over Russia, now it's Miller Time!

Ahem...
    "Man battle stations missile for strategic weapons launch. Spin up all missiles. Set condition 1SQ for strategic weapons launch. This is the captain, this is not an exercise."

Seriously Robert - just do it. We can live with the board being off-line for 2 hours if it saves you a day of labor.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Ahem...
    "Man battle stations missile for strategic weapons launch. Spin up all missiles. Set condition 1SQ for strategic weapons launch. This is the captain, this is not an exercise."

Seriously Robert - just do it. We can live with the board being off-line for 2 hours if it saves you a day of labor.

Adam
    two hours and five minutes however.................
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

for sure upgrade, but do the following, backup backup backup

* put the board offline.
    * backup the MySQL Database.
    * backup the files.
    * install update

Quote Originally Posted by Pitts View Post
    I'm back, where is the "donate" button now ??

Ray
    Subscription system was implemented and I removed the donate button out of fear that I would be called a dirty money grubbing sack of shit.

That being said; I'll probably re-enable it soon. Theres a long story behind how financially screwed I am but I'll skip it aside from stating that I will not be buying any christmas presents for anyone. Even "base" bills are very very iffy.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    I will be spending the majority of this down time in the fetal position shivering in the corner, possibly with a small dribble of spittal oozing from my mouth
    No need for that... I can setup a fake board somewhere to play on or just make sure to get the irc wrapper done beforehand. It shouldn't be too bad knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by platinum View Post
    We could all go over to LPF and hang for a while like a bunch of sailors at port for the parade...
    Now *thats* an interesting idea. I could see that as a public service campaign or some other form of court ordered atonement.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    "Seriously Robert - just do it. We can live with the board being off-line for 2 hours if it saves you a day of labor.
    I don't know man... I get IM notifications from people that PL is down faster than the script engine can process error reports.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    two hours and five minutes however.................
    Maybe I should have adopted the Pre IPO corp speak of stating that "This is a forward thinking statement and the stated time table might vary from initial estimates"

Quote Originally Posted by swisseuro View Post
    for sure upgrade, but do the following, backup backup backup

* put the board offline.
    * backup the MySQL Database.
    * backup the files.
    * install update
    The first and last are the quick ones, including telling Mr.MySQL to take a long nap.

The center two... Those are the time vampires.