Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TouchBB Support?

Default TouchBB Support?

Hi Admin

Is there any chance you could add TouchBB support to the forum?

This is basically an App for the iPhone that allows log in to forums in a nice little browser window.

You can get the add-on script here...

http://www.messageforums.net/iphoneforumreader.php

There's also a nice TouchBB support forum here where you can read all about it

http://support.messageforums.net/tou...h-app-f25.html

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

boo.... @ iphone

get a nokia n97 which supports rss feeds and all computers support rss feeds so no extra work needed.

only messing with ya jem
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    boo.... @ iphone

get a nokia n97 which supports rss feeds and all computers support rss feeds so no extra work needed.

only messing with ya jem
    ... My shoulders are broad

I suppose I could get an RSS reader for the iPhone (I can already get PL on the iPhone using the Safari browser), but this TouchBB seems like a great little app as it formats the forums nicely for the iPhone screen. Colin over at the Holography forum is implementing it there, so I thought if it was here as well i'd have my two favourite forums available anytime on my phone.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

just shows how popular and how much people want to view the forum those and be able to post 24/7, by having these things for their mobile phones.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Addiction's a terrible thing...

Hi Jem and Spec,
    I don't know what TouchBB is yet but
    I'm all for it if it not too much work to implement.
    I'll confess to being as hooked on my IPhone as I am on PL.

I work on a remote iron ore minesite in the desert in the Pilbara region
    of Western Australia. Thanks to Apple, Telstra and PL I can
    get my fix when on site 1800km from Perth.

But I'm not addicted, I've got it under control.

Quote Originally Posted by kitatit View Post
    But I'm not addicted, I've got it under control.
    Oh dear... You've got it worse than us then

I'll look at the code and see how it acts with vb4. Given how a lot of things changed it might not be compatible yet... I see that it states there are PM retrieval issues with vb... so I guess I'll find out.

Wasn't there a free forum app or something in the itunes store or something?

Wink

I just use the browser...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Wasn't there a free forum app or something in the itunes store or something?
    Yeah, this is it. There's the 'Lite' version and the paid for version.

Thanks for having a go