Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TouchBB Support?

Hi Spec

Colin's got it working now on the Holography forum. Have a look at this thread...

http://www.holographyforum.org/phpBB...p=55836#p55836

For anyone with an iPhone this is a brilliant little app. I really hope it's possible to get it working on PL

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

RSS feed is the universally accepted norm for web updates.

I don't own a macphone, I use a Blackberry and an HTC but surley there's an RSS app for iphones?
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

I don't own a macphone, I use a Blackberry and an HTC but surley there's an RSS app for iphones?

Yes, there are plenty of RSS readers for the iPhone, but this app is different to an RSS reader.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

i believe spec is working on sorting out an rss feed for new posts, as asposed to an rss feed for a certain topic, which is currently all we can do.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

I'd second a request for that touchbb thing...
    Would be good to use on the odd occasion. Probably quicker than faffing with the browser

Cheers,
    Dan
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

Hi Spec

Found this other little program which may be slightly easier to implement. It's also good for most mobiles and not just the iPhone

http://www.tapatalk.com/

Cheers

Jem

I use TapaTalk for a few forums on my iPhone as well and it works great. The upside is it does not require any changes on the Server/Script side. The immediate problem is they only support vBulletin 3.7 right now. I'm sure their working on that right now.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by -=Jim=- View Post
    I use TapaTalk for a few forums on my iPhone as well and it works great. The upside is it does not require any changes on the Server/Script side. The immediate problem is they only support vBulletin 3.7 right now. I'm sure their working on that right now.

Jim
    Ahh... Missed that bit. I see we're on version 4:00 now. Ah well.

Any news on whether this will be implemented on the forum?

Would be great if you could get support for one of the bits of software.

Cheers

Jem