Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: FLEM 8 - let's try this again!

Awe man! Now I have to go see how we can fudge the schedule...

Off to discuss with the management... Wish me luck

--DDL
    I suffer from the Dunning–Kruger effect... daily.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    how about you bring some of the shows you've put together for the museum in Miami? Would be fun to watch some of those, I think.

no problem... I have a LOT of content at the moment

As of now it looks like I can make it.

Fred

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Well, it's confirmed... FLEM 8 is on for Friday, March 5th and Saturday, March 6th.

I had my Mom reserve the venue for the two days so we could do the Guitar Hero / Rock Band thing on Friday, but if we get bored with that, we can always set up the lasers early!

Sorry to hear that you can't make it, Chris. You will be missed. (And so will your home-made rum!) And Randy, yeah, I understand about all the job-related traveling you'll be doing. Just make sure you can make it to SELEM 2010! (And if you do decide to do a mini-vacation to Disney / Universal, give me a heads up in advance and we'll see if we can do another FLEM around that date.)

Ljk: Would be good to see you again - it's been almost a year since you've attended a FLEM... Can't wait to see what your projector looks like now! And Frank, if you can make it, how about you bring some of the shows you've put together for the museum in Miami? Would be fun to watch some of those, I think.

Doug: Keep in touch with me... Was really looking forward to some Rock Band / Guitar Hero jamming. I know it's a hell of a drive for you though. Let me know if it's a bust. (I can bring my equipment down if you can't make it, since I have a full set for both now.)

Mo: Not sure if I'll be up for drinks on Thursday night before the event or not - I'll have to play that by ear. But if your schedule changes, give me a shout! (I'm sure Paul will be up for it...)

Aaron: Do you think you'll be available on Friday during the day as well? Since you're so close, I could use a hand setting up.

I think Astroguy will be able to make it to this one, and I'm hoping that DZ can make it too. (No promises though, since he's still dealing with a newborn who isn't sleeping through the night yet!) Also Clandestiny said he's OK with the date.

I've mentioned it to Justin at Pangolin, but there's no word yet if his schedule (or Bill's) will allow either of them to attend or not.

More news: DJMatt is thinking about making the trip down from NC. Yeah, it's like a 10 hour drive for him, but he's a die hard! We'll see as we get closer I guess. (I'm also trying to get RGB-gas to make the trip, but he may be tied up with work...)

Anyone else?

Adam
    "Gravity its not just a good idea its the law"

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Astroguy View Post
    As of now it looks like I can make it.

Fred
    I won't celebrate until this is valid on March 4th.

Hehe... Give Fred a break, Aaron. He's got a lot on his plate these days. Besides, he made the last one, didn't he?

We've got about 6 weeks to go until FLEM... Anyone else think they might be able to make it?

Adam

We're in the process of buying a house AND have to be out of our current residence by 4/1. Having said that, I'll call it a very dim maybe.

Hey guys,

I am a newbie here, been reading up alot on the forums, the search function is my new best friend. I just came across the FLEM meeting you guy hold every year and would like to know if and how I can attend. I live in Orlando. Im an electrican by trade and own a small business and have a past of LED lighting as a hobby. Lasers seem to be the next step for me =P

Currently Im researching info on how to build my own DAC. I downloaded Popelscan ( Im on a budget here ) and Im wondering if DAC's are software specific. I will be using my laptop. Im 50/50 on building/buying a scanner. I simply want to use this in my first project of projecting a basic image/animation on a table top. Any information, suggestions, websites and brand names will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Jason

Lightbulb

Hey Jason, where at in Orlando? I live a bit north in Eustis and work in Eatonville. Anyone who wants to can attend FLEM; it is a free event.

Should be able to make it .... maybe even with my projector if i can fit it in the bag : )..... wonder what they would say if i brought tit as a carry on :P

Actually just north of Orlando. Im in Altamonte. Is the date set for first weekend in March?