Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FLEM 8 - let's try this again!

Smile FLEM 8 - let's try this again!

Hey guys...

OK, now that the holidays are over with, how about we try to get the next FLEM off the ground. The one in December had to be canceled, but we did have some cool ideas for that one (including spending a day playing rock band and guitar hero before the actual laser event). So how about it? Is everyone still up for this?

I checked with the boat club in Tavares, and the venue is not available that last week in February like we were talking about. However, it *is* available the first weekend in March. So how does March 5th and 6th look for everyone? I'm thinking we can do the guitar hero stuff on Friday the 5th, and then do FLEM on Saturday the 6th. Of course, we'll still get together for dinner Friday night, and after dinner we'll go back to the venue for the traditional pre-FLEM lase-off...

Does anyone have a problem with the first weekend in March?

Adam

I wish. Judging from video footage, flem7 looked like it was alot of fun. Anyways as i live in sweden, itīs alittle too far away

I will be out of state the weekend of the March 5th & 6th. Sorry

I don't anticipate any Winter / Spring get-aways (laser-related or otherwise) for me this year...
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Lightbulb

I am good that week and the week after; they switched my on call from starting on Friday to starting on Monday. I will be on call from the 16th to the 22nd of February.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

think i should be available that weekend

We wouldn't know until closer to time.

Maybe.

As far as I know that should work for me.

I might be available that week...

I've got a project launch that week (March 3rd)... so I might not be able to get out Thursday night or be off Friday... It all depends on how things go though

--DDL
    I suffer from the Dunning–Kruger effect... daily.

Well, it's confirmed... FLEM 8 is on for Friday, March 5th and Saturday, March 6th.

I had my Mom reserve the venue for the two days so we could do the Guitar Hero / Rock Band thing on Friday, but if we get bored with that, we can always set up the lasers early!

Sorry to hear that you can't make it, Chris. You will be missed. (And so will your home-made rum!) And Randy, yeah, I understand about all the job-related traveling you'll be doing. Just make sure you can make it to SELEM 2010! (And if you do decide to do a mini-vacation to Disney / Universal, give me a heads up in advance and we'll see if we can do another FLEM around that date.)

Ljk: Would be good to see you again - it's been almost a year since you've attended a FLEM... Can't wait to see what your projector looks like now! And Frank, if you can make it, how about you bring some of the shows you've put together for the museum in Miami? Would be fun to watch some of those, I think.

Doug: Keep in touch with me... Was really looking forward to some Rock Band / Guitar Hero jamming. I know it's a hell of a drive for you though. Let me know if it's a bust. (I can bring my equipment down if you can't make it, since I have a full set for both now.)

Mo: Not sure if I'll be up for drinks on Thursday night before the event or not - I'll have to play that by ear. But if your schedule changes, give me a shout! (I'm sure Paul will be up for it...)

Aaron: Do you think you'll be available on Friday during the day as well? Since you're so close, I could use a hand setting up.

I think Astroguy will be able to make it to this one, and I'm hoping that DZ can make it too. (No promises though, since he's still dealing with a newborn who isn't sleeping through the night yet!) Also Clandestiny said he's OK with the date.

I've mentioned it to Justin at Pangolin, but there's no word yet if his schedule (or Bill's) will allow either of them to attend or not.

More news: DJMatt is thinking about making the trip down from NC. Yeah, it's like a 10 hour drive for him, but he's a die hard! We'll see as we get closer I guess. (I'm also trying to get RGB-gas to make the trip, but he may be tied up with work...)

Anyone else?

Adam