Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with Pangolin IMU SMS software/hardware.

Question Help with Pangolin IMU SMS software/hardware.

Hi guys,
    I'm having a bit of trouble with my wireless GSM modem for my IMU SMS software.

The configuration I have is;
    - MultiTech systems GSM USB modem with multiple leds on the front panel Model MTCBA-G-U-F4
    -SIM cards, I have tried my Telstra SIM that works on GSM 900 and 1800 bands and my Telstra Next G SIM that works on UTMTS 850 and 2100 as well as GSM 900 and 1800.

The LS light is not flashing and is solidly lit all the time. I have followed the instructions and cant think why it isn't working. The antenna is connected, the SIM card is seated properly and there is full network signal strenth.

Any Ideas?

Hi

What operating system are you on? I ask this question as I had no luck getting mine working with Vista.

I should perhaps point out that this is a modem driver fault and not IMU's fault. I had a lot of correspondence with MultiTech and they promised updated drivers. In fact they did send me a couple of different things to try, but they didn't work and i think they got fed up and gave up.

I eventually gave up trying to get it to work on Vista so I installed it on an old laptop running Windows XP Pro, it works perfectly under this.

It might be worth having a look on the MultiTech website for updated drivers as they may have cracked the problem by now. My difficulties were over 12 months ago.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Hi Jem,
    thanks for the quick reply. I'm using XP Pro under Boot Camp on MacBook Pro....Ewww did i just hear you wince? LD2000 and livePro are working with this setup and QM2000.net.

I just downloaded the MultiTech manual. It says that the model MTCBA-G-U-F4 which I have is set to 850/1900MHz by default and the model model MTCBA-G-U-F4-ED is set to 900/1800MHz by default.
    In Australia our GSM is 900/1800MHz like Europe. The modem won't auto seek the local frequency so I think I've found the problem. The manual gives you instructions on how to change the GSM bands that it will respond to using Hyper Terminal......Yikes! looks like I'll have to get my hands dirty. Damm! I knew I couldn't stay I my little Apple bubble forever! Laser software and SolidWorks make it worth venturing outside for though.

I'll let you know how I go.

thanks for the clues.

Sounds like you're well on the way to sorting out the problem, that's good

Notice how I didn't even mention the Mac Book

Once you get it working the MultiTech modem is rock solid and will tend to work even where there's no signal that your mobile will detect.

The IMU software is great, although it takes a while to get your head around. Once you've got over the initial financial shock you ought to contact Bill and see if you can get a licence that will allow you to use it with a video projector as well. That's when it really gets interesting, you can then use VMU to design screens, you can have live video feeds, voting and all sorts of other interesting stuff on your screen

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

For sure, I can imagine lots of applications for it.
    It seems like such good value considering it's
    potential to generate a return on investment. There are a
    lot of clubs that have sponsored bikini model competitions
    down here. Promo companies would love the buzz that
    this sort of interactivity would create.
    Maybe IMU is the knight in shining armour that attempts
    to save our poor battered wallets

Quote Originally Posted by kitatit View Post
    There are a
    lot of clubs that have sponsored bikini model competitions
    down here...
    Oooh.... Photo's?

Seriously though, you'll love the software. It's worth spending a bit of time to set up a naughty or censored word list, it saves you having to check every message. I let my kids do the list for me, they couldn't believe it when I asked them to think of as many swear words as they possibly could. They even had their friends texting them words

Cheers

Jem

Lightbulb

Did you happed to contact Pangolin for support? Best thing you can do.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Hi Kit-

I sent a message over to justin at Pangolin and im sure he has the engineers workin on this for you. Hopefully we'll get some answers very soon.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Thanks for your efforts Marc
    I'm looking forward to playing with the
    exciting features of the IMU setup.

Kit,

You are going to get far quicker results if you contact Pangolin directly via their contact form..

KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/