Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Scan Pro 40

Quote Originally Posted by MisterWilling View Post
    Is this how I want my lasers to enter the galvo block? http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...998#post123998
    Yep, you can use the mount so the laser enters from the other side. You might find you need to raise it up by about 10mm too

Dave
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    Yep, you can use the mount so the laser enters from the other side. You might find you need to raise it up by about 10mm too

Dave
    Okay thanks. Can you also read my question in the first post about what size laser can fit onto 5mm mirrors? Still not sure about that one, and I'm trying to figure out how big of a beam I can use since I am building a knife edged 4x diode array.

I can project an image yet because I don't have my baseplate finished.

Its looking like the baseplate is going to have to wait until I find out what sized 473 laser I'm getting. I would hate to have to remake it.

Lightbulb

How much time left do you have on your scanners' warranty? Might want to get that baseplate semi finished so you can verify the scanners are working well.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterWilling View Post
    Okay thanks. Can you also read my question in the first post about what size laser can fit onto 5mm mirrors? Still not sure about that one, and I'm trying to figure out how big of a beam I can use since I am building a knife edged 4x diode array.

I can project an image yet because I don't have my baseplate finished.

Its looking like the baseplate is going to have to wait until I find out what sized 473 laser I'm getting. I would hate to have to remake it.
    What I've done in the past is to shine a laser pointer onto the galvos.. you might not have blanking, but you'll easily be able to tell if the galvos are working right..

Good idea, but I bought the amps and galvo used off of dave. No warranty to my knowledge.

I did shine a laser pointer onto the galvos and it looked like they were working okay but that was a small blob projected a foot.

My pointer is too powerful to be using for test alignments. My safety glasses don't work great blocking red (ML7's). I could do more testing but for the sake of my eyes I'm going to wait until I have everything securely mounted before I go further.

Protecting one's eyes is of the utmost importance. Smart!

Keep us posted on your progress.

Default Update

OKay I got it set up with a 5-10mw green pointer and no blanking of course. Heres what I get, its a square in the lower right hand corner and a bunch or loops in the top left (with random blobs in between). I tried at 10k 20k 30k and 40k and it looked almost the same each time, the scanners just sounded different. Not sure what angle it at, that is with the the red sizeing square maxed out in the spaghetti projector settings menu. The pic is from 25 ft.

I'm not sure where to go from here. I tried to hook up a program board to see how it worked but I don't have a dmx output for it. I could not get it to do anything without DMX plugged in.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photo.jpg  

The DMX board should have a DIP switch that you set for it to cycle through all of it's frames automatically.. What that setting is for your card I hve no idea, though. Testing with the DMX board would help determine if the galvos are the issue or if it's the correction amp.

My suggestion would be to get the correction amp working properly. Or know the DMX board is functioning correctly before plugging the scanners in!

Best suggestion would be to view the output of the correction amp with an oscilloscope... Then go from there..
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Try viewing the galvo outputs of the correction amp with your scope in X,Y mode using both the scope channels (assuming your scope is dual-channel). Then you can see the images on the scope screen just as they will be coming out of the projector. Simply viewing the signal is sufficient, but X,Y mode can help make setting the offset and gain easier.