Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Scan Pro 40

Great, glad you got it working. To turn off the effects I think default has to be selected somewhere, but for fufute reference to others, just don't ckick any of the buttons away from default on the effects page!
    Driver:
    DOWNLOAD DRIVER

S/Pdif off, etc:

ElectroFreak, it would be a great idea to put a link to the above post that dr. lava just made in the tutorial. If I had just waited to get that post I would have saved myself countless hours messing with this stuff trying to figure it out myself.

The drivers that came on the CD with the soundcard were the ones giving me the trouble. I found a different version than Dr. Lava posted above but I'm going to switch to his version now and hope it continues to work.

Here are some pics.
    Last edited by MisterWilling; 01-31-2010 at 15:53. Reason: added pics

Quote Originally Posted by MisterWilling View Post

Here are some pics.

That is more like it
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Already Done! I wouldn't have known about this issue since the drivers on the CD worked fine for me, so it's a good thing you came along and pointed it out. Thanks!

Glad you got your system working.. the fun's just beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterWilling View Post
    ElectroFreak, it would be a great idea to put a link to the above post that dr. lava just made in the tutorial. If I had just waited to get that post I would have saved myself countless hours messing with this stuff trying to figure it out myself.

The drivers that came on the CD with the soundcard were the ones giving me the trouble. I found a different version than Dr. Lava posted above but I'm going to switch to his version now and hope it continues to work.

Here are some pics.

When I switched the drivers to the one Andrew has in the above post I couldn't get any voltage to the red mod line. I guess I have a different version on the sound card than him. I switched back to the other version and everything works again. The drivers I'm using are not the correct one for my card because I have no option to select 8ch mode, it is limited to 6ch. However its the only version that worked out of nearly 5 or 6 i tried.

When I scan at 12K or 15K the test patten looks pretty good and stable besides the flicker that comes from scanning at slower speed. However when I get into 20K or 30K the image begins to expand and contract a bit. It moves in and out an inch or so. Is there any obvious reason for this?

I'm not TOO concerned about fixing this, I will eventually sell the soundcard DAC and get Pangolin quickshow anyways. I will be more focused on beamshows anyways. I have spent a boat load of time messing with the drivers getting this thing to work so a bunch more troubleshooting doesn't sound appealing on this DAC which only costs $60.

What OS are you using? In vista I've seen that wobbly imagery you're describing, but I don't know of any way to get around it..

It's a little odd that you had so many issues.. the supplied drivers worked great with the card for me, but they could have updated something on the card or it's laytout.

I too will be getting an FB3 as soon as my tax return arrives. I'll still be using the soundcard DAC and supporting the tutorial, but Pangolin is the industry standard it seems..

Vista, I hate it more everyday. I figured it would be more trouble than its worth to fix it. Either way I'm not dissapointed with these results. Just itching to get this thing built now.

Yeah.. I need to add to the tutorial the fact that XP-32 is really the only good option for the soundcard DAC. The Vista drivers are just too buggy. Apologies for not posting it long ago but I didn't realize that this is a general problem, not just limited to my computer. It will be added now. Thanks for all your help refining the tutorial so far!