Thread: Anyone know how I could go about this?

Default Anyone know how I could go about this?

A few of you may have seen the Minilyrics plugin for media players, and what I was wondering would be cool, is if you could have it output the text, sync'ed to music, through a sound card DAC?

I know LFI has a .txt player, but I was wondering if there was any way you could still keep it somewhat sync'ed to the music?

Karaoke on the tree's, anyone?

well create the scrolls for chorus and verse.. open em in laserboy, output them in the proper FPS to match.. then throw them into spaghetti and sync em up to music..

this will seperate the chorus from the verse and allow you to maintain the proper speeds, and give you a chance to add other animations in between
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodies?
    Solid State Builders Group

Cool

I'm thinking that he wants it to work in real time, using some sort of plug-in to translate the text output into laser text. Otherwise you could just build the show manually like you would any other choreographed show.

Personally I have no idea how to do it in real time through a sound card DAC. Not saying that it's impossible, mind you, but it's going to be rough.

Maybe if you had Pangolin you could use the SMS-to-laser text engine somehow? You'd still need to write some custom code to capture the lyrics from the output window of the Winamp lyrics plug-in and send them to the SMS text message input port. Then it could output to the QM-2000 in real time and display the words in laser. That's a start...

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    ... Maybe if you had Pangolin ....
    One day, one day

Since I would need DMX control, and is somewhat cheap, a FB3 would be good. Too bad the Aussie $ is so crap right now

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Things View Post
    Too bad the Aussie $ is so crap right now
    Yeah, well, the whole world economy is crap right now.

Only saving grace is that as everyone else falls along with the US, our currency has managaged to gain a little bit. But we're still in the toilet compared to a year ago. Gonna be a long climb out I think.

I guess I shouldn't bitch though. I've still got a job... (Some people I know *don't* have one anymore.)

Adam

Yeah it's totaly doable, with the audio dac and some coding. With the audio DAC you've got the LFI code as you acknowledge it is open source, has a text engine (even with layers) and supports the audio dac. This is somewhat like the SMS to laser app that buffo mentions above, but it's more fleible since it's open source, you can code it into what you want. So that's half the battle there. The code would have to be used in a way that could import text as it came from the minilyrics plugin.

The lyrics plugin uses .lrc files, which is basically a text document, but it has time stamps with each line. As the song goes through, it watches the timestamps and displays the text on the appropriate timestamp.