Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445 LastLast

Thread: Official sign-up thread for the 5th annual SELEM in Newton, NC - August 19th - 21st.

SpaceJay is offline THIS USER WAS CLUEBYFOURED

That's cool. Traditions are there for a reason

Any earlier than august would be hot down in NC wouldn't it? Maybe August is the best

It's still pretty warm, but not terribly hot in August. (Not as bad as Charleston anyway!) June or July would probably be awful, but April or May would be OK. September is probably a bad idea due to hurricane season.

Still, if everyone is OK with August, I'd like to keep it in that month. (Though I am willing to move it earlier or later in the month if it helps...)

Adam

Earlier in Aug works just fine by me as well as going back to a three day affair as we get better at donig these we get more done is less time too.
    If you need back the extra shirt I got to send to DZ just let me know==len

edit add on
    A med black short sleeve shirt(not a SELEM shirt) was found in the lumia area behind the downstairs seating -maybe Stutka's- contact Beamann for getting it back

also someone paid me for a lumia kit after I had it all packed up so I need an address to send it. I have more of these kits if anyone is interested. 1/3 rm 115vac motor and two wheels plus bracket.

I would also like to hear from the person who helped themselves to some optics left out in the BST room and left a few dollars-- that is not how we work the sales at SELEM..
    Last edited by hakzaw1; 08-25-2011 at 08:59.

Either week works well for me. I have no preference. Thanks for all your hard work and hopefully next year I will get to spend the entire weekend there instead of having to rush home to do dreaded work....

I had a great time during the 24 hours I spent there. Hopefully I'll be able to spend more time there the next time I attend. April/May would be a nice time for the event. The cooler weather would be nice for those with space heaters or a lot of equipment. Mvoing it to late August would be nice if the event must stay in August.

Thanks for the great time! I look forward to being there next year. That is if I'm not cooking in the giant sandbox a few thousand miles away.

I would be in favor of SELEM occurring a little bit sooner next year as I think I'm finally going to let some friends of mine drag me to Burning Man. I've heard a number of people mention that it would help with school schedules also, be it their own or that of people they need to coordinate their schedules around.

The way we had everything set up this year was an improvement. Next year, we could move things around a little more and do even better. I think it makes a lot of sense having everyone set up their computers in the audience area. Now all we need to do is make better use of the stage, which I think we can accomplish by moving the tinkering/buy-sell-trade activities there next year. This way, we could easily rotate some ion lasers into the mix since they'd already be set up on the stage. Something like that anyway.

Big thanks to Adam (buffo) for setting this up again. SELEM raises the bar every year!

- Jonathan

Definitely try to schedule it at some time other than Burning Man because there are 100s of people on the west coast who want to come but can't because they go to Burning Man.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    Definitely try to schedule it at some time other than Burning Man because there are 100s of people on the west coast who want to come but can't because they go to Burning Man.
    I just pictured SELEM attendance jumping to 180. That would be nuts.

OK - I'll check with Reggie and see if the venue is available for August 10th - 12th next year. That should make it easier for folks that have to deal with school starting up...

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Frank:
    DZ is working on getting you a shirt.
    Hey Frank, we just ordered another shirt for you as well as Spacejay. We ended up giving the shirt for Spacejay to Mike. So if I could get the both of you (flecom and spacejay) to PM me your shipping addresses, I'll have them out to you some time next week.