Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Quest for the Copper Vapor" - Oregon to Massechusetts and back.

Thumbs up

Hey J

Quote Originally Posted by platinum View Post
    The rumors are true, I made it back!
    Good to see you made it back, man - Kudos to you for having the 'brass' to see this gig thru, and to 300Ev for being such a great bud and for such a cool 'roadtrip diary' with great pix!! - lots of adventure and a great story... cool, guys...

Quote Originally Posted by platinum View Post
    I'll definitely keep you all posted about the CVL which probably deserves a really cool name of some sort.
    Here's an idea fer ya... (below...)

Anyhoo, take your time with your new 'gal', there, (be careful!! ) and KIT with pix, dude...

Maybe I'll catch ya on your way thru for the next 'BMI' trip... (...you KNOW you can't just buy ONE, right, dude?? ....it's inescapable - like a black hole - you have no choice - you WILL buy another...

peace...
    j
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Platnum_CV_T.jpg  

....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    . . .Maybe I'll catch ya on your way thru for the next 'BMI' trip... (...you KNOW you can't just buy ONE, right, dude?? ....it's inescapable - like a black hole - you have no choice - you WILL buy another...

peace...
    j
    That sounds like a good plan. After all, Pink Floyd allegedly used two ACL45s... Now all I need to do is find one more. Yeah... one more.

-Jonathan

Here's Part 1 of the video we took during the quest...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym8Gbiv9a0Q

Enjoy!

Question

AND... does the bitch work? Or what?

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Jonathan do you think you can get it ready for West Coast LEM http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5039 ?? Meaning when you are ready let us know! I think united rentals can provide a solution to the power issue. I am not so sure about the FAA flight hazard application (that is if you bring it to my house)! I am sure we could have some fun with an argon, doubled yag or two, and some CVL golden nuggets (providing we don't run out of fuel)! I want to see this thing let me know if you have time next week, I will drive up and check it out.

-Adam
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Needs user manual, gas, regulator, flow meter and 3-phase power. Should light though! The purging is just too complex to do correctly without the manual. I'm more than confident that Platinum will get it running.

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    is that a norseld head in the asculap? They just rebrand other folks products.

if so I may have a few megabytes of pdfs you'll need.

Steve
    Hi Steve.
    It is a Norseld and please may I take you up on your offer
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Alright... Here's a continuation to the story.

After a very short much needed sleep at James' house. We got up around 10:30AM and proceeded with our LEM. By the time I was finished getting Ready for the day, DrLava was already in the basement setting up his gear. He's a very nice guy! We got along great. As I seem to do with all fellow laser enthusiasts.

Eventually MixedGas arrived and we got the chance to talk technical for many hours. I'll tell ya,,, the guy is pure genius!

We also had LaserGuy216 arrive sometime in the afternoon. He's a cool guy as well.

All in all the AkronLEM was a great success! Lots of fun, beer and,,,,, of course lasers! I took a little intermission between all the fun.

When I woke up we James, Jonathan and I stuck with the party until maybe 5AM or so. Here are some random pics of AkronLEM.

Also, Steve brought some really cool laser shows on ADAT for us to watch. It was fun hearing about the history behind them.

Here's LaserGuy216's projector. Very nice components!

Smile!

The story continues...