Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: For what it's worth...

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    OK - I'll say the same thing to you I said to EF - from my perspective - this is 'offensive' - from the persepective of every 'seasoned laserist' (5-10 yrs+) I know, NO ONE considers themselves 'elite' - NO ONE!!!
    I was not referring to anyone in this thread... but they are out there... (*cough* http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...hp/543-andyf97 *cough*) and I understand what the story was trying to convey, even if it was not completely clear...

I have had to teach people things that I knew they would never be able to do, sometimes I have been successful, and other times, not so much... so I understand where he is coming from... I don't think I have an attitude of entitlement as I have really never asked for help unless I just dont know and need an answer from someone who does... and even then, I usually know someone that would have it and contact them directly...

that being said, I have met a lot of laserists that I would consider seasoned and thankfully they have all been very nice people... although I have noticed that they all seem very distrusting at first, then after a few minutes of conversation that prove you are not an idiot they all have great stories

also I would not consider Steve to be a hoarder of information, crazy perhaps, but not a hoarder lol

also another thing I have gathered from talking to a lot of people that have been in this crazy world for a while, there are a whole lot of douchebags in this hobby/industry... a lot of people out there ripping people off etc... which probably explains that distrust most seasoned laserists display

Cool

Hey fle -

..thanks for the 'clarification'...

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    ...there are a whole lot of douchebags in this hobby/industry... a lot of people out there ripping people off etc... which probably explains that distrust most seasoned laserists display
    ..yeah, it's sad to see that... was really quite shocked - well, not shocked, but disappointed - to hear your 'story' about the system in the planetarium, there... I would have expected 'better' from them...

Anyhoo, how it is going, with the system, there? Still 'out of whack'?... and with 12K (!) galvos, right?

peace...
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Quote Originally Posted by ElektroFreak View Post
    I wasn't going to post here anymore, but just so ALL you people don't think I'm the piece of SHIT that Jon here tried to make me out to be because I supposedly "personally insulted him and ALL professionals", ^^^^^^THIS THREAD^^^^^^^ is what I was referring to when I stated that I felt that many professionals are keeping many bits of safety advice "trade secrets", and I've already admitted that it was an overreaction on my part. I was NOT NOT NOT speaking about anyone here in this thread. Just to CLARIFY AGAIN.. Apologies if some folks thought I was speaking directly to them, in reality I WASN'T.
    Let it go, dude - you're drawing fire on yourself, and it's certainly not because of Jon or anyone else who has contributed to this thread.
    I don't think you were ever referred to as a piece of shit by Jon!

For the record - I believe that most of us hobbiests that have dealt with Jon and many of the other Pros on this forum, whether in person or on the forums, have nothing but good things to say about the free, open support they have offered us over the past few years.

If you're going to openly bitch about the Pros not helping, you need to be MUCH more specific about who the said persons / companies are, and not generalize.

IMHO...
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    There is no such thing as a "great laserist". We are just ants hurdling through space on a pale blue dot. We spend all of our time performing mindless task for people who could care less so we can feel good about ourselves. We are humans, hung up on the novelty of life. Go home and look at your dog, now there is the ultimate description of inner peace and contentment.

Or whatever...
    Back in the day the term was "Laser God", and there were 3 meanings:

00 Low Talent/Low Conceit – He’s a real Avocado
    01 Low Talent/Maximal Conceit – He’s Laser God – eyes roll
    10 Talent/Low Conceit – OK you’re officially Laser God until further notice.
    11 Talent/Maximal Conceit – He’s Laser God, and he knows it.

That said, as I say in all facets of my life: If you don't like me, that's tough titties. Just don't talk to me. My personality is what it is. I'll still be here, saying what I want when I want (which is my god-given right as long as it doesn't violate forum rules), and reaping the benefits of membership.
    Thats fine, so long as you can take the inevitable responses to you 'saying what you want, when you want'. Strikes me that you sometimes respond badly to some of these, and it might be in your own best interests to not say what you want, when you want (imho)

But yeah, anyway, those goddamn pro folks with their big secrets, and higher than mighty atitudes, big lasers and even bigger paychecks, what's not to hate about them...

WTF...
    Flashbacks to post-SELEM 2008..........
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Dear Mr ElectroFreak -

I hereby Publicly Apologize if, in-excercising my 'God-given right' to react the way your un-clarified post made me feel, at face-value, in-so-doing, I insulted you somehow, personally, as a human-being and/or laser projector-building hobbiest.

Sincerely,
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by ElektroFreak View Post
    What DO you want from me?
    RE-Read posts #46 and 49 and just - plain - move - on....real simple.

...and now, onto the 'inevitable last-word'...

I know you have seen this before but it is time i interject...

Im, gonna go with my instincts on this thread...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAWoP...eature=related
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    I know you have seen this before but it is time i interject...
    "...mock... YeEaH..... ing... YeEaH... bird... YeEaH..."

...one of my all-time favs....
    thanks, Pat...
    j

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Is Sam M. still alive?

If not I have a Sam story I can tell a select few.

Oh, and as to my being crazy, Its not by choice.

if you want to understand me, watch the following movies.

Rainman.
    Enemy of the State
    The Great Santini
    Eyes Wide Shut,
    and A Beautiful Mind
    Goodbye Mr Chips fits in there someplace too.

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 04-28-2010 at 19:46.
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...