Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Russian laser show 'blinds' revellers

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by heroic View Post
    Whoever manages to blind Bloc Party will get a Mercury Award for services to music.
    That is a little harsh, but if you could get them to stop playing...

I did a job last night. and everybody was talking about it. laser went on, dancefloor cleared (no audience scanning involved) eventually I used it when everybody was drunk, but these are regular customers with regular clients that all know my work. I think there may be a decline in the number of jobs for the laser in the short term

I'm surprised where I am up North, still can't get enough.

This was the last event, latest event seems more popular than ever.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video....oid=5691726972

(You'll need to log into your facebook account to see the video).

Another poorer quality video, same club:

http://www.dontstayin.com/uk/sheffie...15/photopage-2

Have to say this one worries me slightly, not least as I going there next week - almost static beams in the crowd 1/2 way through:

http://www.facebook.com/video/video....oid=5691726972
    Last edited by Alsone; 08-02-2008 at 15:44.

Last week I was in cyprus for work and we went to a outdoor club.

They had a fixed laser setup with 3 x animation lasers. I estimate the laserpower of the lasers minumum 250mW. All 3 lasers where audiance scanning from less than 3 meters distance!
    Looking at peoples faces you could see really bright green stripes and stips. NOT GOOD.

Quote Originally Posted by mccarrot View Post
    Last week I was in cyprus for work and we went to a outdoor club. They had a fixed laser setup with 3 x animation lasers. I estimate the laserpower of the lasers minumum 250mW. All 3 lasers where audiance scanning from less than 3 meters distance!
    Looking at peoples faces you could see really bright green stripes and stips. NOT GOOD.
    ....And you didn't PULL THE PLUG?????? 'NOT GOOD.'

Find out who did it and report them...don't tell us, tell someone who can do something to educate those boneheads...

peace..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Hey Adam - wassup, bruthuh?

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Still, I feel we owe a debt of gratitude to Bill and Patrick and Greg for going to bat for the industry.
    Hear, hear! ...why? because here, here, and beyond... to quote Patrick Murphy,

"This was done via BusinessWire, a major news resource for distributing press releases. The releases are picked up, in some cases automatically, by news sources. Even now, the release is online at Forbes and Yahoo news, plus 18 others worldwide. In addition, the release was translated into French, German, Portuguese, Spanish, simplified PRC Chinese, traditional Chinese, and Korean. Summary translations are in Italian, Dutch and Japanese.

This is important not only because BusinessWire gets us into hundreds of media outlets, but also because it becomes a “permanent record” on the internet. Any future web searches for topics related to the Aquamarine show, will pull up ILDA’s press release..."

So yes, Thanks to the Pros (and several PL Members) taking hard-earned bux out of their own pockets to fund this effort, and keep the 'lamps lit'...Let's keep up the good work in doing our part as well - encourage MORE KNOWLEDGE among members by sharing / educating - even pulling an ear or two, when we see others 'playing with fire', here, and preach SAFETY before PROFIT, ALWAYS, and NEVER DO HACK WORK - if you cannot afford or 'have the time' to lase-it 'right', DON'T LASE-IT AT ALL. And unless and until you are 100% SURE of what "right" IS, you should ASK BEFORE YOU LASE...

Anyhoo, just thought I'd post that - Google it, and you'll find many more versions...

All the best to you guys at SELEM...maybe someday I'll get let out of the dungeon...

ciao
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Cool

Hi Jon;

Heh... Maybe you'll have better luck organizing a "CLEM" (California Laser Enthusiast's Meeting!) But yeah, we'll be doing this SELEM thing over here for quite a while longer I think. Make it when you can. (They can't keep you in the dungeon forever!)

And yeah, we've sure got a wealth of talent here at PL. Where would we be without it, eh? I, for one, am *seriously* grateful for this forum.

Adam

I went to the club whose video I posted above last night.

Can't believe the laser company they employed put 2 seemingly high power lasers in last time. The distance to the nearest audience member was probably 6 feet based on last nights set up!!!!!!

Last night they'd got rid of the outside company and the DJ instead put a chinese green laser up in sound only mode, looked like a SHINP, which was audience scanning constantly. I don't know the power but I'm sure it was 3b. Anyway, it was alright, not too bright as mostly spread patterns. Only time it was bad, was at one point it went into a single beam scan for a few secs (fast scanning) and unfortunately I copped a single beam scan straight into the right eye, so bright it actually hurt for ages afterwards. Anyway, no lasting damage, I have no detectable holes in my vision when I look at a sheet of white paper, but it does show how careful you have to be from close range. I was probably about 20-30 feet away. Overall I enjoyed the night, I'm just glad I wasn't there last time!