Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: Pangolin Beyond Info Thread

Hello people, I just bought Beyond and I'm trying to learn how to use it at home. I could only copy the pdf with the 3D information. I would like to have in pdf the user manual for the program. Can somebody dend it to me or tell me where I can get it?

Quote Originally Posted by rmgamez View Post
    Hello people, I just bought Beyond and I'm trying to learn how to use it at home. I could only copy the pdf with the 3D information. I would like to have in pdf the user manual for the program. Can somebody dend it to me or tell me where I can get it?
    Hi rmgamez.
    As far as i am aware, there is no help file in pdf format. I have printed off the html help files (BEYOND_Help.chm) within the program itself. However, this document is far from complete.
    BEYOND is still under development and I expect (hope) that there will be a more complete manual available in time.

Thank you andyh.

I have another question.

I just bought Beyond and I'm trying to use it with 2 RGB projectors. One connected to and QM2000 and the other one to An FB3.

Everything works fine till I try to control them through DMX. I use an Enttec DMX USB Pro. The thing is that the button that says DMX In, when I press it it doesn't work. No way to control Beyond program. DMX works fine with the 1 projector using FB3, the Enttec and the Quickshow program.

Can somebody help me?

Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by rmgamez View Post
    Thank you andyh.

I have another question.

I just bought Beyond and I'm trying to use it with 2 RGB projectors. One connected to and QM2000 and the other one to An FB3.

Everything works fine till I try to control them through DMX. I use an Enttec DMX USB Pro. The thing is that the button that says DMX In, when I press it it doesn't work. No way to control Beyond program. DMX works fine with the 1 projector using FB3, the Enttec and the Quickshow program.

Can somebody help me?

Thanks!!
    Hi again.
    To be completely honest - i cannot answer that since i have not used the dmx function in BEYOND or QS (and i don't have a QM2000). I can only guess that this is another part of BEYOND still undergoing development.
    Hopefully another member of PL can answer your question.
    Alternatively perhaps you could submit your question to the Pangolin forum or direct to Pangolin support?

Andy

Couple of question hopefully someone can help.

1)Is there any way to use the DMX output from the QM2000 cards?

2) Is there any way to make a DMX channel the shutter for a projector?

3) Any way to change a whole page of cues to play to multiple zones without having to change each cue separately?

Thanks
    Larry

The DMX questions both you and rmgamez really need to pose to Pangolin.

As for 3. Why would you want a cue to play to multiple zones? I would have thought what you really want is a cue to play to multiple projectors.
    Last edited by White-Light; 12-28-2011 at 05:15.

Why would you want a cue to play to multiple zones? I would have thought what you really want is a cue to play to multiple projectors.
    You're still not getting the zone stuff yet are you Al.

If you have a rig with 2 projectors doing different things, you have them set up on different zones (or groups of zones e.g. graphics 1 and 2, atmospherics 1 and 2, etc) This allows you to play different things on each.
    But if you want to play the same thing on both, you need to be able to route the cue to multiple zones at the same time.

In Livepro you can do this cue by cue or track by track. Not sure how Beyond handles it. Modfying the zones settings doesn't seem like the most intuitive ay however.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    You're still not getting the zone stuff yet are you Al.

If you have a rig with 2 projectors doing different things, you have them set up on different zones (or groups of zones e.g. graphics 1 and 2, atmospherics 1 and 2, etc) This allows you to play different things on each.
    But if you want to play the same thing on both, you need to be able to route the cue to multiple zones at the same time.

In Livepro you can do this cue by cue or track by track. Not sure how Beyond handles it. Modfying the zones settings doesn't seem like the most intuitive ay however.
    Yeah still learning Norty. I would have thought you could have assigned more than 1 projector to each zone, but maybe not.

Anyway, the way to assign output of 1 zone to others is above albeit so far as I know with my limited knowledge of this area of the programme, you can only do it by zone and not by page.

Got an answer, They only way currently to assign a cue to multiple zones is by editing each cue separately WOW this is going to take a while. I am really supprised more people have not run into this.
    I would think in a two scanner show you would need to put your two head on two different zones to make them scan to safe areas , then you want them playing the same thing many times.
    Guess maybe just me

Anyway the DMX control right now in Beyond is Not good. Livepro is much better but I need to use beyond so I can use my FB3 with my two QM2000 cards.
    You can not set DMX shutters, no TTL (DMX) Beams, they have a lot of work to do on that part.
    Larry

Quote Originally Posted by wondertwnz View Post
    I would think in a two scanner show you would need to put your two head on two different zones to make them scan to safe areas , then you want them playing the same thing many times.
    Guess maybe just me
    Am I right in saying that both projectors will be mirroring each other Larry?
    Last edited by White-Light; 12-28-2011 at 05:14.