Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit

That is an interesting angle. They have quite a nationalistic past and groups such as the IRA promoted it. It would be pretty strange to put up a wall to keep the Irish out while the Irish will be open to the import of millions of Europeans and soon 75,000,000 Turks. What a mess.

This is also pretty stupid if you step back a bit. The EU was originally formed and promoted as a trade facilitator. By lowering the trans-European barriers to trade, Europe could better compete with Asia and America. Interestingly, it was the EU that was used as a threat in the US to promote the passage of NAFTA (hear that sucking sound?). Now, 40 years later, national sovereignty is being threatened across Europe and hundreds of years of international relationships are being scrapped. Some of Hitler's goals to unite Europe into a centrally governed body, the suggestion by Junker to establish an EU army and the "effective" antisemitism of broad pro-Islamic policies are reappearing.

Like I said. What a mess!

swamidog is offline Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

i'll just leave this here and giggle a little.

suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

If anyone does his/her own research the only sane thing would be to loose any respect of John Oliver and Bill Maher after their behavior these few months. The amount of false, warped, exaggerated, selective information they've been feeding the public is terrible.
    Nothing to giggle about here, it's just sad.

I could waste my time and list every false and misrepresented info in every of their latest videos. But I'll be sane and just list one in this one:
    The issue with "Brexit" is in the EU governing bodies have been formed or changed and they are not elected. In fact, almost nobody knows who those people in those positions are, the european people polled don't even know about those positions, yet alone the people who are in those positions. This might not be a big deal if you're, I don't know, not a fan of democracy. That what's should have been discussed. EU is a politico-economic union, not just an economic union.
    I mean it's just painful to watch, they've become teletubbies level shit
    Last edited by neskusen; 06-20-2016 at 13:04.

WOW,who's funding him? He isn't funny, he's insulting. Whatever side I was on I would sure hope he was on the other.

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    WOW,who's funding him? He isn't funny, he's insulting. Whatever side I was on I would sure hope he was on the other.
    i found it very funny. i'm still giggling over the musical number at the end.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Since when is getting a kid to curse on public TV considered an okay thing?

Quote Originally Posted by neskusen View Post
    HBO is not public TV. It is a subscriber paid channel and has relaxed rules when it comes to swearing. Keep in mind this kid took a job and his parents had a chance to review the content. It could be a child from one of the employees on the show or a hired actor. Either way a parent had to give the go ahead for this kid to perform. So are you saying that you know how to parent better than them? Last time I checked every parent for the most part is entitled to parent what ever way they see fit. Second keep in mind this is a comedy show and although tries to provide facts that the regular media outlets do not its primary purpose to make people laugh.

Where do you prefer to obtain your news? I for one find this shows news to be more factual than say FOX News. But both are just as comical.
    Watching Lasers Since 1981

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyRobot View Post
    So are you saying that you know how to parent better than them?
    I think I do, yeah.

Last time I checked every parent for the most part is entitled to parent what ever way they see fit.
    No they're not, are you kidding me? Do you not know that there's family law and child protection acts?
    Saying for the most part however they see fit is like saying "definitely maybe".

Where do you prefer to obtain your news? I for one find this shows news to be more factual than say FOX News. But both are just as comical.
    Depends on what you mean by obtain. I check both the right wing and left wing media about what they both consider newsworthy things that happened and then fact check it by watching unedited video footage, audio recording and if it's about laws, actually read the law. In this day and age it's not that hard to do, you can do it from your room.
    Last edited by neskusen; 06-21-2016 at 06:21.

Quote Originally Posted by neskusen View Post
    to be fair, you really have no idea what the kid is saying under the bleeped out words

unbleeped words:

pricks
    sucks
    batshit

i'm sure that kid hears and says worse things in church camp. i know i did.

What harm do you feel this is causing this child? Is this child not going to be a productive member of society from being a part of this comedy sketch? At least the child didn't use bigoted rhetoric like some of the adults running for office right now.

I stand by the fact that I think this comedy show is really funny and I don't see anything wrong with a child using curse words (maybe, see above) with parents supervision.
    Watching Lasers Since 1981