Thread: Compatibility Between Pangolin Beyond Versions

Default Compatibility Between Pangolin Beyond Versions

Due to the feature differences in the three versions of Beyond (Essentials, Advanced, Ultimate), is it possible to correctly play a show that was created in Ultimate, using features specific to Ultimate, in Essentials?
    Put another way: If I created a show in Ultimate which contains more tracks than Essentials will support and uses 3D content from Beyond 3D (which Essentials doesn't support), am I able to load and play that show in Essentials and have it look as intended?

I might be incorrect, but I think there's a way to save a Timeline-created show into a cue. If so, that cue should be able to play correctly from a cue in Essentials, as intended, correct? I'm not sure how Beyond interpolates the information within cues.

I haven't actually tested this with Beyond. However, with all previous Pangolin products the software was designed so that even the basic (or intro) level could playback any show - even one that was created with the upgraded (pro) version. I can't imagine that they would change that. (Indeed, it would totally destroy the content-creation market that they've fostered.)

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    I can't imagine that they would change that. (Indeed, it would totally destroy the content-creation market that they've fostered.)

Adam
    I agree. Thanks for the reply.

Hi, Zardoz!
    Compatibility down is not tested at 100%, however, with 95% confidence we can say that the content created in Ultimate will be played in Essentials.
    There are some nuances: for example, if the content will be used Pangoscript codes, they will be played, but you can not edit them in Essentials.

Quote Originally Posted by IgorPangolin View Post
    Hi, Zardoz!
    Compatibility down is not tested at 100%, however, with 95% confidence we can say that the content created in Ultimate will be played in Essentials.
    There are some nuances: for example, if the content will be used Pangoscript codes, they will be played, but you can not edit them in Essentials.
    Happy 1st Post!

I've also seen this intended behaviour with Pangoscripts + DMX fixtures + groups programmed from an Advanced/Ultimate, but then drop down to playback only on Essentials.
    Haven't tested 3D from Ultimate -> Essentials on playback.

All the best,
    Dan
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -