Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Who 'd like test our dichoric

Hi Daniel,
    Thanks for your more test, that's good.
    maybe you can help do some test using factual lasers when you had time, which is the most direct way to show how the dichroic can working, thanks very much first.
    Best regards!
    Bridge
    Quote Originally Posted by danielbriggs View Post
    Wavefront distortion results show an insignificant change.

I setup a single mode, generic red laser diode, at constant current and temperature (250mA, 21°C) and checked the beam in the far field with and without a dichro; I could not measure or visually discern a difference. (It's really not worth me posting two images of identical red spots.)

Next I setup a much shorter throw shot, but with a CCD beam profiler (not exactly a Shack-Hartmann, as it lacks the micro-lens array) but the best I can do with my kit. Dichro insertion point from the CCD is 120mm [±2mm].
    The beam exits the diode housing, is bounced off a positioning mirror, and into a beam sampler; this reflects <1% on the CCD; the remainder is transmitted into a beam dump. Varying the AOI did not change the beam geometry, just the *very minor, and expected* displacement.

The results show no change in beam geometry. (The exact difference can be attributed to electrical noise.) An obvious *small* beam displacement was detected.

With NO Dichro:

With Dichro B:

Laser-wave can supply:
    Green 532nm, 4W, 10W, 15W
    blue 445nm, 2W, 3.5W, 6W, 10W
    blue 462nm, 2W
    Red 638nm, 500mW, 1W,2W, 4W, 5W, 6W, 8W, 10W
    All diodes, All optics, All mount, All laser base and housing for yourselves building lasers.
    Speical products, 532nm, OEM-V-SS, 4W, 98mm*46mm*48mm; OEM-H, 10W, 250mm*88mm*70mm
    www.laser-wave.com or www.laser-wave.net
    bridge@laser-wave.com or 463366312@qq.com
    We Chat: 463366312, Laserwave-Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    Doc,

Two part, hardware store, epoxy works well. Just use it judiciously. Alternatively, the one part silicone "aquarium sealant" also works well and has the added benefit that the acid it contains (smells like vinegar) primes the aluminum. In all cases, avoid getting the adhesives on the coatings. They work best when they back up a mechanical support rather than replace it.
    Thanks. I'd thought that low modulus silicone (uses alcohol instead of acetic acid) would be better, but in this case the acid is an advantage. Got to wonder about cleaning for reuse, but in that case the optic mount should go with, anyway. I'll pass on the epoxy. Too rigid, and weirdly elastic though it is, silicone seems to have better long term stability of position than Araldite or similar epoxy. It's nice to know that something doesn't need exotic shortwave light cures.

I've been thinking about real-world testing of the dichros' performance. I've got a Spectra Physics Millennia Xs in the lab right now. It makes 10W 532nm in a 2.3mm beam which is reasonably high power density. I can also set up a 6W 480nm Taipan laser and test light blue T/R. I should be able to test with these lasers in the next few days. Deep blue and red may have to wait until I have the new Brightlight laser projector here.

If anyone is seriously interested, I could also test with a 577nm yellow Taipan. From the graphs, it's clear that Dichro A will not work at 45 degrees, but I can see if it works acceptably at a shallower angle.

Any reason to test these at 405nm? Didn't think so

Brad,

A couple of ideas here. I would use only one of the dichroics to add the red at the end and leave what you have for the green and blue. This way you gain 1/2 of the potential benefit for almost no effort. You might look at getting a power meter. Your range of 10-100 mW is 1-10% for a single color in that projector. That is very good to very bad performance for a dichroic. A good power meter is invaluable for fine tuning these projectors and comparing improvements. I'm sure there are many on the forum that can suggest or even supply some different turn key systems from cheap to pricy.

Junk,
    What I would like to know is how high a power density is too high and is the reflected beam measurably distorted? I don't think there will be much interest in 405nm or 577nm.

Quote Originally Posted by bridge View Post
    Thanks Daniel, very well test.
    To All, both side are coating, different is like reflect blue pass green and red, 1 side is coating reflect blue pass green and red, the other side is only coating pass green and red, if not coating on both side, loss will much.
    We can accept and strict test, we know what dichroic we are doing.
    Welcome who can sell to Newport, Thorlabs, Sermorock etc company contact with us, for those products, we are really good quality with reasonable prices.
    Best regards!
    Bridge
    Very impressive results so far.

My only question Bridge is are you going to be doing any other coating combinations?

Kvant do combined Red & Blue modules: http://www.synchrovision.co.uk/637nm...al-r-b-modules and these are fitted as standard in many of their off the shelf projectors. I don't think they're alone in this.

So to cater for these a pass Red + Blue, reflect green coating is required and a dichro that's the inverse of that (or broadband mirror of similar reflectivity ie. reflect red & blue).

ok so when can we get these?

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    Brad,

A couple of ideas here. I would use only one of the dichroics to add the red at the end and leave what you have for the green and blue. This way you gain 1/2 of the potential benefit for almost no effort. You might look at getting a power meter. Your range of 10-100 mW is 1-10% for a single color in that projector. That is very good to very bad performance for a dichroic. A good power meter is invaluable for fine tuning these projectors and comparing improvements. I'm sure there are many on the forum that can suggest or even supply some different turn key systems from cheap to pricy.
    I have a Scientech 365 although, I don't fully trust the results. Imagelight and I did dome measuring on that projector recently with his power meter and I just simply can't recall what the loss was. It was more than I would like but, I also recall being surprised it wasn't more. It also has a dichro for the green rather than a first surface mirror which made me scratch my head a little.

If the module already combine blue and red, maybe reflect green and pass red and blue is needed.
    Question is how many people interesting those dichroic? as you know for coating, more small quantity meaning more expensive.
    If we can catch 100pcs or more, with reasonable prices, sure, we can do.
    Best regards!
    Bridge
    Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    Very impressive results so far.

My only question Bridge is are you going to be doing any other coating combinations?

Kvant do combined Red & Blue modules: http://www.synchrovision.co.uk/637nm...al-r-b-modules and these are fitted as standard in many of their off the shelf projectors. I don't think they're alone in this.

So to cater for these a pass Red + Blue, reflect green coating is required and a dichro that's the inverse of that (or broadband mirror of similar reflectivity ie. reflect red & blue).
    Laser-wave can supply:
    blue 462nm, 2W
    All diodes, All optics, All mount, All laser base and housing for yourselves building lasers.
    Speical products, 532nm, OEM-V-SS, 4W, 98mm*46mm*48mm; OEM-H, 10W, 250mm*88mm*70mm

We had many pcs already in stock, as you are in American, just order from Planters for save your shipping money.
    Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    ok so when can we get these?
    Laser-wave can supply:
    blue 462nm, 2W

thanks Junk, real laser test will be good.
    be sure you laser and powermeter is stability, but look like you using coherent or SP laser is good.
    405nm? still someone using it?
    Best regards!
    Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by Junktronix View Post
    I've been thinking about real-world testing of the dichros' performance. I've got a Spectra Physics Millennia Xs in the lab right now. It makes 10W 532nm in a 2.3mm beam which is reasonably high power density. I can also set up a 6W 480nm Taipan laser and test light blue T/R. I should be able to test with these lasers in the next few days. Deep blue and red may have to wait until I have the new Brightlight laser projector here.

If anyone is seriously interested, I could also test with a 577nm yellow Taipan. From the graphs, it's clear that Dichro A will not work at 45 degrees, but I can see if it works acceptably at a shallower angle.

Any reason to test these at 405nm? Didn't think so
    Laser-wave can supply:
    blue 462nm, 2W